Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] paulover@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Akai 12 track beta recorder/mixer help

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:05:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, November 26, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Harvey Gerst wrote:
wrote:

Back in '85, I did some studio work were the engineer recorded our material
on one of Akai's old 12-track machines. We have the Beta format tapes with
the material on it, but can't find a similar machine to dump the beta tracks
to DAT Can anyone help out? All assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Doug,

Depends where you're located. I've got one (in Texas); so does Ken (in
California), and there are probably some other people here with the
Alai 1212, 1214, or MG14D - any of which will work.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://ITRstudio.com/

I'm in Nashville, i had two of them. One got lost in flood the other I put on consignment and they company never sold it but moved. I have a vocal I need off of the tape. Anyone have one in Nashville?

my email is