Wireless Microphone Systems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 8th 19, 06:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_]

Default Wireless Microphone Systems

For the second time, the FCC has eliminated the band used by my
Sennheiser EW series wireless mic. Supposedly there is a sliver of a
band that will allow it to continue working legally, but I haven't
confirmed that. My question is, if I decide to replace it, which band
should I consider? A 516-558, A1 470-516, or G 566-608? I'm inclined
toward none of the above. Other manufacturers have units that work in
other ranges in the US, but who knows when the FCC will sell that part
of the spectrum to the highest bidder?