Philip Meech

Default Stereophile agrees

Our very own Bill from Uptown Audio was backed up by Stereophile
Magazines recommended
components in their support of the Cobalt 806s as the best bang for the
standmount buck.
Bill, you are the man! Congratulations!
Stewart Pinkerton

On 24 Sep 2004 19:05:57 GMT, Philip Meech
wrote:

Our very own Bill from Uptown Audio was backed up by Stereophile
Magazines recommended
components in their support of the Cobalt 806s as the best bang for the
standmount buck.
Bill, you are the man! Congratulations!

I'll still back the Dynaudio Audience 52 against anything else at the
price, including the 806. Compared to the 52, I find the 806 a little
too hot in the treble, but I admit that overhot treble is a personal
'pet peeve', and the 806 is a fine speaker in every other way.

Uptown Audio

The latest 806s design has less high frequency bite than the older
versions. It does have exceptional resolution and can reveal flaws in
front-end components as well as recordings. The Focal HF units are of
excellent quality, allowing the use of a lower x-over frequency and
can operate cleanly well below that point even.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250