mcc399

Default Bowers and Wilkins speakers

A friend recommended Bowers and Wilkins speakers. They are English
speakers. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? I am
interested in purchasing them for a home theatre audio. Thanks!!
Jim

mcc399 wrote:
A friend recommended Bowers and Wilkins speakers. They are English
speakers. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? I am
interested in purchasing them for a home theatre audio. Thanks!!

I'm familiar with B&W, and depending on your price point they can
represent very good bang-for-the-buck.

What models are you looking at?
Tip

"mcc399" wrote in message
A friend recommended Bowers and Wilkins speakers.

They are English
speakers. Anyone have any experience with these

speakers? I am
interested in purchasing them for a home theatre

audio. Thanks!!

Perhaps the "B&W" name is more familiar to you. Here's
their web site: http://www.bwspeakers.com/ . They make
some very fine speakers. I've been a fan since the
original DM6, and have a pair of B&W801 Series 2
(serial numbers 13 & 14).

Regards,
Tip

Codifus

From: (mcc399)

A friend recommended Bowers and Wilkins speakers. They are English
speakers. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? I am
interested in purchasing them for a home theatre audio. Thanks!!

Usually they are referred to as B&W. The website is

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...on/global.main

I find them overly revealing of badly recorded (i.e., most) CDs.

So then a really good recording must really really shine with these
speakers, then? I hope to own a pair of these B&Ws someday.

CD
Christopher

From: Codifus

Christopher wrote:
From:
(mcc399)

A friend recommended Bowers and Wilkins speakers. They are English
speakers. Anyone have any experience with these speakers? I am
interested in purchasing them for a home theatre audio. Thanks!!

Usually they are referred to as B&W. The website is

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...on/global.main

I find them overly revealing of badly recorded (i.e., most) CDs.

So then a really good recording must really really shine with these
speakers, then? I hope to own a pair of these B&Ws someday.

I had the Matrix 804s. They listed for 2200 about ten years ago. You should be
able for find a pair for half that price or better.