Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Found it!

http://www.rot13.com

I think that was it, right?

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Nov 18, 8:07 pm, "MOSFET" wrote:

http://www.rot13.com

I think that was it, right?

Yes, that's it.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

Good job, Nick!

Tony

P.S. Completely off topic...has Mr. Wald been posting as usual? I've had
him blocked for for quite some time now.

--

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

D.Kreft wrote:
On Nov 18, 8:07 pm, "MOSFET" wrote:

http://www.rot13.com

I think that was it, right?

Yes, that's it.

If you're using Firefox, there's a ROT13 extension that lets you readily ROT13
any desired web pages.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

I. Care wrote:
In article FeU7h.342604$R63.201445@pd7urf1no,
says...

D.Kreft wrote:

On Nov 18, 8:07 pm, "MOSFET" wrote:

http://www.rot13.com

I think that was it, right?

Yes, that's it.

If you're using Firefox, there's a ROT13 extension that lets you readily ROT13
any desired web pages.

Yes I do use Firefox.

I was wondering why rot13 was popular vs. others I.E. 8. After thinking
about it I realized 13 is 1/2 way through the alphabet so cypher and
decipher can use the same tool/program. A shifts to N and N shifts to
A. Fewer tables and/or coding in the program.

Yup, that's about it. ROT13 is obviously not meant to be any sort of real
"encryption", just something really geeky for hackers to play with to confuse
the n00bs.

Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

Yup, that's about it. ROT13 is obviously not meant to be any sort of real
"encryption", just something really geeky for hackers to play with to confuse
the n00bs.

First time I saw it was on usenet in the late 80's or early 90's, it
was used for offensive or not-safe-for-work/wives/kids text.. You
could pull up a thread and have it on the screen, and rot13 it when the
coast was clear. That, or punchlines for jokes.. Most old unix
newsreaders had a hotkey that instantly converted posts back and forth.
If your boss or wife walked in while you were doing something
questionable, you could quick rot13 the whole post and say it was dutch
or norwegian or something.. Note** - know what languages your
boss/wife is fluent in before using that one..

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

mfreak wrote:
Yup, that's about it. ROT13 is obviously not meant to be any sort of real
"encryption", just something really geeky for hackers to play with to confuse
the n00bs.

First time I saw it was on usenet in the late 80's or early 90's, it
was used for offensive or not-safe-for-work/wives/kids text.. You
could pull up a thread and have it on the screen, and rot13 it when the
coast was clear. That, or punchlines for jokes.. Most old unix
newsreaders had a hotkey that instantly converted posts back and forth.
If your boss or wife walked in while you were doing something
questionable, you could quick rot13 the whole post and say it was dutch
or norwegian or something.. Note** - know what languages your
boss/wife is fluent in before using that one..

Heheheheh, voice of experience?
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Yup, that's about it. ROT13 is obviously not meant to be any sort of real
"encryption", just something really geeky for hackers to play with to

confuse
the n00bs.

OR......

For teenagers to send Emails back and forth and their parents can't read
them...

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Yup, that's about it. ROT13 is obviously not meant to be any sort of real
"encryption", just something really geeky for hackers to play with to

confuse

the n00bs.

OR......

For teenagers to send Emails back and forth and their parents can't read
them...

Vfa'g gung jung V whfg fnvq?