Benjy Cline

Default Mounting tape for AudioVox SIRCK1 docking station

Hi,

I attempted to mount the SIRCK1 docking station for the AudioVox
SIRPNP2 Sirius satellite receiver in my car. The SIRCK1 comes with 3M
mounting tape and I followed the instructions for installing it
carefully. The tape adhered to the car dash, but the tape did not
adhere to the mounting bracket. Since the tape was attached to the
mounting bracket as part of the manufacturing process, I assume it
wasn't attached properly.

I found some similar tape, 3M Heavy Duty Exterior Mounting Tape, at a
local arts store, and that did the trick. However, I wonder if the
tape will hold when summer comes and the inside of the car gets hot.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

My notes about the AudioVox SIRPNP2 are at
http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/ham/sirius/

Benjy