Skeeter

Default Advice needed for system setup

Hi all,

I am building a house and trying to plan my media closet and need a little
help. I have run 5 coax and 2 cat 5-e cables from the TV location to the
media closet. I have a 36 inch TV with 2 s video inputs. In the closet I
need to put my Tivo, amp, digital cable box, DVD player and VCR. Eventually
I would like to install a distributed video system but at first I just want
ot hook up the tv and get the surround sound going. The speaker locations
have been prewired for that.

What is my best use of the cabling I have for this project? How best to
string everything together to accomplish this with the end result being the
best possible picture and the best sound?

This rookie appreciates any help anyone can give me.
skeeter