Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] bretludwig@ymail.com is offline

Default The Phallacy Of High Dollar Cartridges

The LP is only so good as a medium of signal (don't be like the ass-
sniffers at one local audio saloon and say "INFORMATION") transfer and
preservation. Modern high dollar phono carts often cost more than the
cutter heads used to cut the all-time classic albums (at the time they
were new, adjusted for inflation) but really the curve of diminishing
returns strikes early in the price point shuffle.

Boon thinks price and performance in phono cartridges is inexorably
and somewhat linearly related. Arny hates vinyl so much that he no
longer can function in addressing the issue. Boon and Arny are like
the Republicans and Democrats. The small percentage of people William
Pierce (and absolutely aside from his beliefs on certain groups one
may disagree with) correctly called "the thinking minority" either
don't vote , vote third party, or vote only under protest for either
major party which are both more alike than different.

Republicans and Democrats, that's what these two are like. They are
really just the same. Neither seems likely to produce progress.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

The LP is only so good as a medium of signal (don't be
like the ass- sniffers at one local audio saloon and say
"INFORMATION") transfer and preservation. Modern high
dollar phono carts often cost more than the cutter heads
used to cut the all-time classic albums (at the time they
were new, adjusted for inflation) but really the curve of
diminishing returns strikes early in the price point
shuffle.

Boon thinks price and performance in phono cartridges is
inexorably and somewhat linearly related.

Pretty much the truth.

Arny hates
vinyl so much that he no longer can function in
addressing the issue.

Simply not true. I just like pulling people's chains.

Boon and Arny are like the Republicans and Democrats.

There are fools and geniuses in both parties. Marc is one of the fools in
the LP group. Thing is, he's all about out dropping names and makes and
models of gear. Nobody would actually tough really good stuff if it were
delicate. He's as much of a klutz with his hands as he is with words.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 13 Ian, 07:21, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Arny hates
vinyl so much that he no longer can function in
addressing the issue.

Simply not true. I just like pulling people's chains.

this is the kind of chain you like to pull.

http://tinyurl.com/7s8fmo
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Jan 13, 1:34�am, wrote:
�The LP is only so good as a medium of signal (don't be like the ass-
sniffers at one local audio saloon and say "INFORMATION") transfer and
preservation. Modern high dollar phono carts often cost more than the
cutter heads used to cut the all-time classic albums (at the time they
were new, adjusted for inflation) but really the curve of diminishing
returns strikes early in the price point shuffle.

�Boon thinks price and performance in phono cartridges is inexorably
and somewhat linearly related.

No, I don't. I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig for the last
6 months and I love it. And I've written about it extensively in
print.

I guess I should have put it on Steve Sailer's website so you could
have avoided this mistake.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Jan 13, 4:21�am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Are you on drugs? What are you talking about? Why do you think I'm a
klutz? I can properly mount and align a cartridge in just a few
minutes, and I do it at least once a month.

You're just grasping at straws at this point.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Jan 13, 5:41�am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 13 Ian, 07:21, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Arny hates
vinyl so much that he no longer can function in
addressing the issue.

Simply not true. I just like pulling people's chains.

this is the kind of chain you like to pull.

http://tinyurl.com/7s8fmo

"Pulling chains" is Arny's Usenet career. Too bad it doesn't pay and
his arthritic wife has to support him.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

"Pulling chains" is Arny's Usenet career. Too bad it doesn't pay and
his arthritic wife has to support him.

I consider that comment a compliment to Susan. Too bad Mr. **** can't
understand why.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
wrote in message

The LP is only so good as a medium of signal (don't be
like the ass- sniffers at one local audio saloon and say
"INFORMATION") transfer and preservation. Modern high
dollar phono carts often cost more than the cutter heads
used to cut the all-time classic albums (at the time they
were new, adjusted for inflation) but really the curve of
diminishing returns strikes early in the price point
shuffle.

Boon thinks price and performance in phono cartridges is
inexorably and somewhat linearly related.

Pretty much the truth.

Arny hates
vinyl so much that he no longer can function in
addressing the issue.

Simply not true. I just like pulling people's chains.

How Christian of you:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] bretludwig@ymail.com is offline

No, I don't. I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig for the last
6 months and I love it. And I've written about it extensively in
print.

I guess I should have put it on Steve Sailer's website so you could
have avoided this mistake.

You should endeavor to make your web site as good as Steve's, then
people would read it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Jan 13, 12:55�pm, wrote:
No, I don't. �I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig for the last
6 months and I love it. �And I've written about it extensively in
print.

I guess I should have put it on Steve Sailer's website so you could
have avoided this mistake.

�You should endeavor to make your web site as good as Steve's, then
people would read it.

I don't have a website.

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Boon" wrote in message

No, I don't. I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig
for the last 6 months and I love it. And I've written
about it extensively in print.

Marc has never met an over-priced phono cartridge that he didn't want to lie
about owning.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 13 Ian, 17:17, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Boon" wrote in message

No, I don't. *I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig
for the last 6 months and I love it. *And I've written
about it extensively in print.

Marc has never met an over-priced phono cartridge that he didn't want to lie
about owning.

I call and raise you ten krooglerands plus a never ass wiped thousand
dollar check.,
take this:

When I 'm tired I lie about my house owning all sorts of nice things

My Krooglish generator is better than yours.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

My Krooglish generator is better than yours.

Arnii is on record as saying he loves Usenet because he can play around "for
****s and giggles". Check and mate, I'd say.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Jan 13, 2:17�pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Boon" wrote in message

No, I don't. �I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig
for the last 6 months and I love it. �And I've written
about it extensively in print.

Marc has never met an over-priced phono cartridge that he didn't want to lie
about owning.

That's a ridiculous and childish claim. Prove it.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default The Fallacy Of High Dollar Cartridges

"Boon" wrote in message

No, I don't. I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig
for the last 6 months and I love it. And I've written
about it extensively in print.

Marc has never met an over-priced phono cartridge that he didn't want to
lie about owning.

Another gentile and benevolent post from our
resident "Christian" :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Boon" wrote in message

No, I don't. *I've been using a $399 cartridge on my rig
for the last 6 months and I love it. *And I've written
about it extensively in print.

Marc has never met an over-priced phono cartridge that he didn't want to
lie about owning.

Another gentile and benevolent post from our
resident "Christian" :-)

Yes, and then GOIA started dancing when Boon asked him about this
statement.

GOIA may not know anything about audio or recording but he can sure
dance.