Gantt Mann Kushner

Default Something like Reason for PT on a Mac?

I have a friend who's running Protools 6.1 on a Mac. He needs something
like Reason
to create grooves and rhythm tracks, but Reason seems more oriented
towards techno/
rap/electronica kinds of sounds than acoustic drums and bass. Is there
anything else
that'll create grooves inside the computer w/out external MIDI hardware?
And if Reason
is the way to go, has anyone succeeded in "ReWiring" it to sync w/
Protools?

Thanks,

Gantt

Bill G.

Though Reason lends itself easily for "loop-based" arrangements, it is
basically a blank slate that can be used with more acoustic sounds,
for more "linear/rock" stuff.

If the stock Reason sounds aren't cutting for you, check out Cdxtract
4, which can convert almost any sound library into the NNXT sampler
format.

Incidentally, Rewire works seamlessly in PT6.1.

Bill

Gantt Mann Kushner wrote in message ...
I have a friend who's running Protools 6.1 on a Mac. He needs something
like Reason
to create grooves and rhythm tracks, but Reason seems more oriented
towards techno/
rap/electronica kinds of sounds than acoustic drums and bass. Is there
anything else
that'll create grooves inside the computer w/out external MIDI hardware?
And if Reason
is the way to go, has anyone succeeded in "ReWiring" it to sync w/
Protools?

Thanks,

Gantt

Gantt Mann Kushner

Hi Bill,

How do yoou make Rewire work? I looked all over PT and found nothing
that seemed to apply.

Gantt