Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Mixing table question (and Soundcraft Compact4)

hello,

i'm thinking about purchasing a Soundcraft Compact 4 but i'm not sure i
will be able to do what i need, let me explain:

i need 2 stereo instruments to come in the mixing table, this signal
must then go into my soundcard (for real-time sampling). the soundcard
output should then go back into the mixer because i want to mix the
soundcard output with a 3rd instrument (which i would like to monitor
as well before i send it to the engineer).
i'm not sure it is possible to send a signal from the Compact4 to the
soundcard, let it come back thru the Compact4 again and then still be
able to mix it with another instrument.

And also, how is this feature i'm looking for called in technical
terms?

thank you for any help!