Roger W. Norman

Not a problem, Peter.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Let's just say that I believe you've found me less impressive! g

Mostly I don't agree in your chosen outlet for general society concerns,
that is correctly understood. As occasionally demonstrated it is also
possible to share such concerns in a terser format than the one you aim
for. Please do not read more into that than said, thank you very much.

Roger W. Norman

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Don Cooper

Hal Laurent wrote:

You all post gobs of off-topic political stuff, and then complain about
Ty posting the FAQ? Especially whenTy is repeatedly posting the
FAQ to protest the hijacking of this newsgroup for political discussions?

Sheesh...

No.

Don

Romeo Rondeau

"Hal Laurent" wrote in message
news

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

I see a FAQ comin' on!

Don't do it, Ty! Just post the link!

You all post gobs of off-topic political stuff, and then complain about
Ty posting the FAQ? Especially whenTy is repeatedly posting the
FAQ to protest the hijacking of this newsgroup for political discussions?

I have only posted in response to misinformation by others. Although I will
admit that my participation in the political threads is both pointless and
in contrary to the FAQ. As far as posting gobs of off topic discussion, I'm
not even close to the worst of the offenders. As far as his posting a 111k
message repeatedly, it's not gonna do any good. It's going nowhere when the
medicine is worse than the disease. The posting of the FAQ can be done once,
those people who have not read it will read it and those who will ignore it
will contunue to do so. So, Ty is protesting, big ****ing deal. He is trying
to annoy people. If you're gonna be a victim, you should at least be
righteous. What we should do is have someone post the FAQ every couple of
weeks once, not every time someone says something that Ty doesn't like.

Ty Ford

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:48:00 -0400, Romeo Rondeau wrote
(in article ):

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

[...]

It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like and you know it. That
would be you trying to project your own foibles and behavior on me.

We (because it's more than me) never asked you to stop or NOT say what you
wanted to. We simply asked you to say it somewhere else and stop annoying the
group.

As to whether or not it's done any good. You're wrong. I've gotten quite a
few nice emails about this. You don't see them because UNLIKE YOU WHO THINKS
EVERY ERRANT THOUGHT THAT POPS INTO YOUR MIND IS WORTHY OF POSTING ON A
NEWSGROUP, they emailed me off group.

"If you're gonna be a victim, you should at least be righteous" ????

Amazing thoughts from someone who so UNrighteously abuses the charter of this
newsgroup. Thanks for the chuckle though.

As an afterthought, I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Romeo Rondeau

"If you're gonna be a victim, you should at least be righteous" ????

Amazing thoughts from someone who so UNrighteously abuses the charter of

this
newsgroup. Thanks for the chuckle though.

I never claimed to be a victim.

Kurt Albershardt

Ty Ford wrote:

I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

I look forward to reading your comments on them, thanks.

Kurt Albershardt

Ty Ford wrote:

I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

I look forward to reading your comments on them, thanks.

Scott Dorsey

Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

I look forward to reading your comments on them, thanks.

I am just put off by designers who feel the need to put a microprocessor
in everything.

hank alrich

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

I look forward to reading your comments on them, thanks.

I am just put off by designers who feel the need to put a microprocessor
in everything.

There's a microprocessor in the ****ing _microphone_? Is this something
licensed from Anatares? g

--
ha

Romeo Rondeau

There's a microprocessor in the ****ing _microphone_? Is this something
licensed from Anatares? g

Maybe a big electromagnet that would suck their lips to the mic, stopping
people from singing off axis, especially during a punch :-) You could put a
piece of expanded steel in front of the spit mask to keep them from
swallowing it *grin*

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
Scott Dorsey wrote:

Kurt Albershardt wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

I just received a box of the new C 414 mics and can't
wait to tear into them. AKG did a rather extensive redesign.

I look forward to reading your comments on them, thanks.

I am just put off by designers who feel the need to put a

microprocessor
in everything.

There's a microprocessor in the ****ing _microphone_? Is this something
licensed from Anatares? g

No, but the new AKG 414u87ela-m251sm57m50c12 will be.
--

Neil Henderson
Saqqara Records

David Satz

hank alrich wrote:

There's a microprocessor in the ****ing _microphone_? Is this
something licensed from Anatares? g

Yes, exactly. The capsule is a $3.50 Primo omni, but AKG has put a
licensed version of Antares' "Mic Modeler" into programmable ROM, which
converts the sound of the capsule to exactly the sound of a C-414.

Diligent hackers have already found that if you change a few contacts
around, you can get the sound of any microphone you want out of these.
There are even separate settings for the original Neumann U 47 versus
the Telefunken-labeled variant of the same mike.

(just kidding about ALL of this!)

Musician's Advocate

I knew that a bunch of you guys would come in here and rag the new 414 mics,
you are soooo predictable.....
Actually some of the AKG folks and I had a bet riding on it. I WON....Thanks
Guys!!

P.S. If anyone is looking for any of those "old," "vintage" 414's, you
know.....the ones that were manufactured up until last month...Email me...I
have a bunch in the flight cases
Bye Now!!

--
Kindest Regards,
Brad Hagen http://www.musiciansadvocate.com

When you signup for PayPal, you can start accepting credit card payments
instantly. As the world's number one online payment service, PayPal is the
fastest way to open your doors to over 40 million member accounts worldwide.

Best of all, it's completely free to sign up!

To sign up or learn more, click he

https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=XLN4XGUC5QZVC
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article

writes:

There's a microprocessor in the ****ing _microphone_? Is this

something
licensed from Anatares? g

I don't think it's a microprocessor, but the pattern switching is done
with a soft switch.

Maybe it's necessary to drive those fancy LED's :-)

Don Cooper

Musician's Advocate wrote:

I knew that a bunch of you guys would come in here and rag the new 414 mics,
you are soooo predictable.....

So are sales weasels.
Scott Dorsey

Don Cooper wrote:
Musician's Advocate wrote:

I knew that a bunch of you guys would come in here and rag the new 414 mics,
you are soooo predictable.....

So are sales weasels.

Well, I've been ragging the old 414 mikes for nearly thirty years now. I
don't see any reason not to rag the new ones.
Ty Ford

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:27:27 -0400, Don Cooper wrote
(in article ):

Musician's Advocate wrote:

I knew that a bunch of you guys would come in here and rag the new 414
mics,
you are soooo predictable.....

So are sales weasels.

That's hot from a Poli-Weasel who leaks political crap all over the
newsgroup.

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Don Cooper

Ty Ford wrote:

That's hot from a Poli-Weasel who leaks political crap all over the
newsgroup.

Thanks, Ty. I really feel like we're getting to know each other.
Don Cooper

playon wrote:

Thanks, Ty. I really feel like we're getting to know each other.

We need to pitch in and buy Ty a newsreader with a killfile function.

They're free.

George

Don Cooper wrote:

playon wrote:

Thanks, Ty. I really feel like we're getting to know each other.

We need to pitch in and buy Ty a newsreader with a killfile function.

They're free.

only those crappy chinese knock-off readers are free , and you might as
well not read the news if your going to use one of those things!, if
your going to do any newsreading that is important you need to have the
expandable widget-free newsreader from Nixellman GbH, it is 650.$$ a
month but one never regrets owning a quality reader
George

"Don Cooper" wrote in message
We need to pitch in and buy Ty a newsreader with a killfile function.

They're free.

I'll pitch in for one of those, then.
--

Neil Henderson
Saqqara Records
http://www.saqqararecords.com

Bob Cain

George wrote:

only those crappy chinese knock-off readers are free , and you might as
well not read the news if your going to use one of those things!, if
your going to do any newsreading that is important you need to have the
expandable widget-free newsreader from Nixellman GbH, it is 650.$$ a
month but one never regrets owning a quality reader
George

Touche!

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Bob Chandler

George wrote in message ...
In article ,
Don Cooper wrote:

playon wrote:

Thanks, Ty. I really feel like we're getting to know each other.

We need to pitch in and buy Ty a newsreader with a killfile function.

They're free.

only those crappy chinese knock-off readers are free , and you might as
well not read the news if your going to use one of those things!, if
your going to do any newsreading that is important you need to have the
expandable widget-free newsreader from Nixellman GbH, it is 650.$$ a
month but one never regrets owning a quality reader
George

I don't think the Nixellman GbH is as good as the vintage models. I
don't think they're as warm plus I think they're made out of Mylar now
and not PVC. And, when you killfile someone with the newer models it
leaves artifacts. You can get the original on eBay sometimes.

bob