Default My Lamdba CD Transport bit the dust (cdm-9 Pro Philips drive) Please, I need help.

Can anyone help with information?

I took it apart, and the orange gear is now missing some teeth (I
read, on some websites, due to the oil used at the factory.)
Anyway...

I checked out a number of websites, including:
http://www.daisy-laser.nl/homeoptics/

How is this CDM-12 drive?
Is it a direct plug-in,or can it be made into one?

Any help or hints will be most appreciated.

Victor

p.s. I bought this second hand several years ago and, now I realize,
some of the symptoms exhibited by this unit were present even then.. I
was so stupid!

In case there are no repairs/parts available, can anyone recommend a
comparable cd transport/player for someone who is highend for the ear
but lowend for expenditures (even used equipment recommendations will
be most appreciated.)

Thank you in advance.
Tim Schwartz

Victor,

Unfortunately, the CDM-12 is not interchangeable with the CDM-9, and
there are several versions of each, many which also do not interchange.
Is you problem JUST the drawer (loader)? Or are you having laser
problems as well?

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

wrote:

[...]

Tim, thank you for your interest and response!

You know, I had found a response from you on a webpage that helped me
out with a previous problem: ground hum from an old Dual 1019 that I
use for playing 78's... no matter how deliberately I delt with that
notoriously finicky headshell, I just couldn't eliminate some residual
ground hum until I replaced those lousy RCA phono plugs... THANK YOU!

Yes, the primary problem is with the loader... three of the teeth on
the orange belt-driven gear broke off, and the others will probably go
in a short while judging by their integrity.

I disassembled the loader and removed the integrated gear/plate part
(amazing, that rubber belt is still in great shape) and built up the
area with a very strong cloth/adhesive tape so that the teeth on the
tray have something to bite in to. It's not perfect now, but
workable.

I would love to replace that integrated gear/plate part... do you have
any suggestions?

Secondarily, I do have some problems doing a track seek on CD's that
have more than 15-16 tracks when seeking the outer tracks. I'm
assuming that this is a laser/tracking arm problem yet, if I start
from an earlier track, all of these CD's play through correctly, so
I'm guessing that this is a problem with the swing-arm movement.

I've read that lubricating the pivot point of the arm might help, but
I hesitate to go there not knowing the type of oil, or if this might
even be permanently damaging to the tracking of discs.

Do you have any experience in this or recommendation?

Again, thank you.

Victor

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:25:37 GMT, Tim Schwartz
Victor,

Unfortunately, the CDM-12 is not interchangeable with the CDM-9, and
there are several versions of each, many which also do not interchange.
Is you problem JUST the drawer (loader)? Or are you having laser
problems as well?

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Tim Schwartz

Victor,

If you send me an e-mail directly, I can answer your question about the
gear. I had done that initially before replying to the new group, not
realizing that you have a "spam-blocking" address shown.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics