Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Chuck Finley Chuck Finley is offline

Default Can mp3 quality be improved?

I bought an Escient music server several years ago when hard drive space was
still relatively expensive. Most of my music on there is encoded at 320 and
192. Reviews of DACs typically discuss how they can improve the sound of CD
quality or hi-rez music, but I'm wondering what effect they would have on
compressed music. Would some kind of up-sampling device have to be added to
the DAC for this? Thanks.