Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler

Default Flux loop numbers

Hi folks:

Anyone have recommended flux loop settings for a Studer 807 recorder at
30ips? (American EQ, 17.8us.)

I have some suggested settings for an Ampex 440C-8 from the 1970s; they
recommended setting 10kHz to be 3.5dB hotter than 500 Hz when measured via
flux loop. That seems high, and I suspect it incorporates some fudge
factors. The fudge factors for the Studer would presumably be different,
hence my query.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Paul Stamler wrote:
Hi folks:

Anyone have recommended flux loop settings for a Studer 807 recorder at
30ips? (American EQ, 17.8us.)

I have some suggested settings for an Ampex 440C-8 from the 1970s; they
recommended setting 10kHz to be 3.5dB hotter than 500 Hz when measured via
flux loop. That seems high, and I suspect it incorporates some fudge
factors. The fudge factors for the Studer would presumably be different,
hence my query.

I think the fudge factor is going to be entirely due to the gap width
of the head, right?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Paul Stamler wrote:
Hi folks:

Anyone have recommended flux loop settings for a Studer 807 recorder at
30ips? (American EQ, 17.8us.)

I have some suggested settings for an Ampex 440C-8 from the 1970s; they
recommended setting 10kHz to be 3.5dB hotter than 500 Hz when measured

via
flux loop. That seems high, and I suspect it incorporates some fudge
factors. The fudge factors for the Studer would presumably be different,
hence my query.

I think the fudge factor is going to be entirely due to the gap width
of the head, right?

Probably, but it seemed a little high for the Ampex 440C, so perhaps there
are others as well. Do you have the correction formula for the gap width
fudge?

Peace,
Paul