Eric

Default SATA for laptop and cubase???

Hello trusted RAPpers,

I'm wondering if I could expect a nice performance boost from my
laptop (1.8 Ghz, 1GB memory, XP Pro) running Cubase SX3 if I switched
my currentexternal hard drive setup (7200rpm 60GB drive in a
Firewire800 enclosure into a Firewire800 PCMCIA card) to a Serial ATA
(SATA) setup with the components below. (A comparison chart of Data
Transfer Rates of various interface standards can be seen at
http://www.addonics.com/emerging_tec...a_tutorial.asp )

External SATA Hard Drive Enclosu
http://www.granitedigital.com/catalo...ivesystems.htm
[$69.95 at granitedigtal.com]

SATA PCMCIA Card Bus for PC:
http://www.granitedigital.com/catalo...stadapters.htm
[$39.95 at granitedigital.com]

Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000rpm SATA Hard Drive:
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/pro...asp?DriveID=65
[$181.00 at newegg.com]

What am I looking for? More tracks, more plug-ins. Am I on the right
road? The laptop is all I have right now, and I like the portability
(I secretly mix songs at my day job...shhhh). Thanks in advance!

Eric