John

Default Compressor wanted!

OK, so this is mostly a WTB type post. I'm needing a compressor to compliment
my MP2-NV. Right now, I'm chaining a couple of RNCs off of it, but I'm looking
for something that can give me a little better performance on vocals
specifically. Plenty of gain reduction, fast response.

So, I'm really leaning toward an elop type design, like a Langevin (just the
compressor, or the DVC). Others in the running are the venerable 1176ln,
Distressor, or a Trakker, but the last one is going to be out of my budget I'm
afraid.

I'd like to be able to get some use out of it on bass as well, and that's where
I feel the Distressor or 1176 even would be a better choice than the elop.
But, I'm open to suggestions. If you have something in mind that might work
better for vox (with bass as an afterthought) let me know. So, send me your
prices if you have a decent box you'd like to unload!

-John Vice
www.summertimestudios.com