Jordin M.

Default Amp gains vs Deck settings.. (baffled please help)

Could my having the Bass setting on my Alpine deck up to +5 (out of 7)
be a reason my amp is getting super hot and im having to have the
gains up super high to get decent bass?
I've been experimenting with the settings and my sony XM-280GTX only
puts out decent bass when the gains are at 3/4 or past..I turned them
all the way down then turn the deck volume up to 80% or so..(like you
guys said to do) when I turned the gains up they sounded good even at
full. I know I will go into thermal with it this high though..The "Low
Boost 40Hz" setting doesn't seem to do much. It really only adds
anything in audibly at around 3/4 too...I'm only pushing two 10" 4 ohm
subs here..no bridging or anything..Im just running super hot w/ not
much bass..The bass only comes out sounding good and full at too high
on the gains..Any ideas? My low-pass crossover is at about 100Hz..
-Jordin M