Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Company George's Pro Sound Company is offline

Default Phil Spector GUILTY

Just hit the wires
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/phil_spector

George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"George's Pro Sound Company" wrote

Just hit the wires
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/phil_spector

How do people reconcile his life and his art? What do you think?

Anyone got a clue what really happened ? I heard somewhere he'd get
really out of his face on booze. It's not like the story was BIG news in
the UK.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

How do *people reconcile his life and his art? *What do you think?
That's easy. I expect artists/musicians to be screwed up (that's what
helps them create in the first place), so this doesn't surprise me
about Spector at all. It's my understanding he has a history of
fooling around with guns and problems with women.

Mike
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rboy506@gmail.com is offline

It was not an interesting trial to follow. Since the weapons charges
were basically uncontestable they worked on making the victim the
guilty party. Here's a typical quote (from the AP):

"It's very difficult to put a gun in somebody's mouth," he said.
"Every single fact says this is a self-inflicted gunshot wound,"
Weinberg argued. "How do you ignore it? How do you say this could have
been a homicide?""

Lawyers stating non-fact garbage as fact. I understand our system
guarentees a defense for all, but this isn't what our founding fathers
had in mind.

Put his lawyers away too.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Apr 14, 8:12 am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in message

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"George's Pro Sound Company" wrote

Just hit the wires
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/phil_spector

How do people reconcile his life and his art? What do you think?

Anyone got a clue what really happened ? I heard somewhere he'd get
really out of his face on booze. It's not like the story was BIG news in
the UK.

Graham

There were no eyewitnesses. Under both the U.K. and U.S. systems of law, a
conviction for murder is possible with only circumstantial evidence.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

At his trial, 5 women testified that Phil had stuck guns in their
face and threatened to shoot them when they wanted to leave. When I
was a Tape Op, other studios would call us and warn us Phil was off
the rails, he had just thrown a chair thru their glass, destroyed a
TV.... They figured we didn't have the history to know about him, it
was a courtesy.

Safe to say drugs eat your brain and can cause permanent
disorders. I'm not saying Phil did it, I haven't looked at the
physical evidence, bloodsplatter, gunshot residue etc. But I can say
for a lot of people it wasn't surprising, seemed like a train crash
was inevitable.

Heard a few stories from the Veterans about in the old days, guys
shooting off guns in the studio for "fun". Nice soundproof
environment after all - the problems would happen when they continued
having "fun" on the street.

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy
"The large print taketh and the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gerry Gerry is offline

On 2009-04-14 09:07:57 -0700, Mr Soul said:

How do Â*people reconcile his life and his art? Â*What do you think?

He's a broken human, somewhere in his soul, brain, heart, psyche.
Thinking of the work he did, some of it was innovative, some of it
quite good. What's to reconcile? You can save a chihld from drowning
and then go home and shoot your wife. They aren't related.

That's easy. I expect artists/musicians to be screwed up (that's what
helps them create in the first place),

Say, that WAS easy! I've always wondered how musicians create.

...so this doesn't surprise me
about Spector at all. It's my understanding he has a history of
fooling around with guns and problems with women.

From my understanding, he as always been "disturbed".
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.

So who beside GOIA and those guilty of crimes... Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Audio Opinions 0 December 22nd 08 08:47 PM
Andre Jute Pleads guilty Vacuum Tubes 7 December 22nd 05 06:20 AM
PT3: Krueger pleads guilty to troll and liar charges in Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 6 December 21st 05 04:17 AM
Brian L. McCarty Guilty of Copyright Infringement Robert Morein Marketplace 0 February 14th 04 10:18 AM
Spector Case Hitting a Wall? Les Cargill Pro Audio 5 August 6th 03 03:06 PM