stef

Default Why do i get a buzz when recording with a stereo mic plugged into R/L XLR sndcard

Hello,
I get a buzz when i use my microphone.
The mic i use is a sony stereo ECM-909A. No good stuff but i can´t
afford better at the moment. I have to use an adaptor (mini-jack
female to XLR Left and Right) to be able to plug it to the soundcard.

I know the pbm doesn´t come from the sound card (m-audio DUO), the
adaptor or the mic. I tried the mic with a MD and there´s no buzz. I
tried a static xlr mic in the DUO and there´s no buzz.

I heard it was some kind of symetric / asymetric pbem, but i don´t
understand what it means. And i would like to know if there´s a way to
get rid of this buzz without having to buy another microphone.
Thank you for your help.

Stéphane
Carey Carlan

(stef) wrote in
om:

Hello,
I get a buzz when i use my microphone.

Lay off the weed while you're recording.
stef

Don't know about the monitor since i'm using a laptop.
Unless you're talking about the monitoring of the soundcard, in this
case too, i hear the buzz with or without monitoring.
I tried to connect only one side of the mic to the soundcard and i
still get the buzz...

If it's not the monitors being too close to the cheap mic's cheap cables
- If you only connect *one* side of the mic to the soundcard, do you still get
a buzzing?

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Fox And Friends/Fox News