Posted to rec.audio.pro
HiC HiC is offline

Default What spec tells how "hot" a mic is?

I.e. - how loud a mic is at a given input level of the preamp.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
HiC wrote:
I.e. - how loud a mic is at a given input level of the preamp.

Mikes will have a sensitivity rating on the data sheet which give the
voltage out for a given pressure in.

Be careful that not all manufacturers measure sensitivity with the same
load impedance, though. So you can't always compare them precisely.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:57:06 -0500, HiC wrote
(in article
):

I.e. - how loud a mic is at a given input level of the preamp.

sensitivity.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

HiC wrote:
I.e. - how loud a mic is at a given input level of the preamp.

That would be the sensitivity, usually expressed as mV/Pa - the voltage
output for a given sound pressure level. However, there are several ways
of measuring this and expressing it, so it's difficult to compare one
manufacturer's spec sheet with another.

me he
)