Gary Morrison

Default Performer Question: File-Based Plug-In Processing

First of all, let me acknowledge that I need to, and in fact I intend
to, read the Performer manuals, but if you folks could please help me
solve one problem now, I could knock out some stuff right away. Thanks!

It's been a year or two since I last used Performer, but I recently
upgraded to the OSX (Mac) version, and I see something that doesn't look
right.

I'm attempting to do what I believe Performer calls "file-based" plug-in
processing, wherein I select a soundbite, do Audio - Audio Plug-ins -
and choose whatever plug-in to process that soundbite. The plug-in
window pops up as expected, but poking the "Preview" button produces no
sound. It's been a couple years, but I'm pretty darned sure it used to
play over that track's selected output channel the processed audio, but
I hear nothing.

Do any of you have any idea the "Preview" button would produce no sound?

I hear it just fine when I play at that point in the ... "song" or
whatever. As I'm writing this, however, I'm remembering something I'd
forgotten about, and is possibly relevant: I seem to vaguely recall
that it will play a given soundbite if I double-click on it. If so, I
do not hear any audio upon doing that.

I'm using a PCI-424 card hooked up to a 2408Mk2, on a dual-2GHz G5 Mac,
playing back over S/PDIF, if that matters.

Thanks a bunch for the ideas!

--

(Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

Fostex MR-8 WAV file conversion question Jaxon Bridge Pro Audio 0 December 11th 03 06:04 PM
shared file question RB General 2 November 7th 03 02:51 PM
shared file question RB Tech 2 November 7th 03 08:33 AM
Waves L2 plugin question dufus Pro Audio 27 September 28th 03 01:24 AM
cd music file burning technique question Jimbo General 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 AM