In rec.audio.pro Clifford Heath wrote:

: Twisted four (two hots and two grounds in a square x-section with each
: pair diagonally opposite) should be even better than twisted pair
: (nearly complete cancellation because the AB on this side is cancelled
: by the BA on the other) but still at a fairly low cost... no?

Yes. But all of this starts to run afoul of electrical codes for
flexible cables. You have to have a ground in there, usually. Cable
which is 4-wire plus ground can be had (for a price -- it gets used
for some "wye" three-phase power applications), but the fifth wire will
distort the "star-quad" arrangement. It also may be difficult to safely
wire two conductors into each connection point on the connectors.

: BTW, are you the same guy that did atomic clocks for HP?
: I remember admiring posts about that a few years back.

Naah. I do 6.25GHz serial HW today, have done graphics engines and
IEEE floating-point math hardware in the past...

Glad you recognized the "Bill and Dave" association in my (munged) email
address ;-)

Bob Miller
Agilent Technologies

A Couple of questions on audioquest power cords and CD-Rs Fella Tech 128 July 17th 04 07:23 AM
FS: 3000 watt amp $179!! 900 watt woofers $36!! new- free shipping Nexxon General 1 October 14th 03 02:06 PM
Power cable Bill Pallies Car Audio 5 September 11th 03 09:57 AM
Quad snake cable Justin Ulysses Morse Pro Audio 8 July 3rd 03 05:10 PM