Default LA-4 behavior

I've just purchased a racked pair of silver-faced LA-4's. They work
great except that the 2:1 ratio setting compresses much more heavily
than the other ratios. Both units exhibit this behavior. Is this
normal?

Pooh Bear

JP Gerard wrote:

The threshold is shifted on that setting. I usually disable this function,
which is a pain in the butt IMHO.

I haven't done it for a while but I think it's just a matter of rewiring a
couple of things.

I've discovered that LA-4 schematics can be easily found via a Google if that
helps.

Graham

Thanks for all the help guys. Actually, I'm fine with the threshold
change. The manual didn't mention anything about this, and I just
wanted to make sure the units were working properly, which it looks
like they are.
Thanks again, your generosity makes this a great site.