Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default TV Sound Signal Blocked by Soundcard Signal in Stereo System!

Hi everyone,

I have a Sony GX450 mini hi-fi system with a single auxiliary RCA audio
input and I wanted to connect both my Toshiba 27A44 TV and computer
with a Hercules Gamesurround Muse 5.1 DVD card to it. Both sources
sound fine when connected alone to the auxiliary input. I then plugged
a RCA splitter to the aux, and to it plugged the cables from both the
TV and soundcard. As long as the RCA from the soundcard is connected to
the splitter (with computer power on), the audio signal from the TV is
totally blocked. Again, both sources sound fine when connected alone to
the splitter. Is there way to circumvent the plug/unplug routine
everytime I want to change the audio source? All help is appreciated.

Sami Tuomivaara

Posted to rec.audio.tech
JANA

The source impedance is not matched between the two. You should get an audio
switch box to be able to select between the two, or use an active audio
mixer.

It is very bad practice to put feeds directly in parallel without being
properly matched.

--

JANA
_____