AV Surplus

Default FA: Last 4 Hours! Pioneer Multi-Cassette Changer CT-M5R (6 cassette)

For Auction: Last 4 Hours! Pioneer Multi-Cassette Changer CT-M5R (6
cassette)

Current Bid $9.99
Pioneer Multi-Cassette Changer, Model No. CT-M5R
Original Retail $365.00 (approx.)

This cassette deck/changer holds up to 6 cassettes. Its playback of
cassettes produces a clear and even response, and the multi-cassette
shuttle mechanism is in good working order. It has all the standard
features you would expect in a high-end cassette deck, such as dual
mode counter, reverse mode switch, Dolby B and C, and a large LED
display.

As a cassette changer it can perform functions similar to those of a
CD changer. In "Relay" mode, it will play one or both sides of all
cassettes, 1 through 6. Other cassette changer functions include
"Random", "Scan", "Cassette Return" and "All Rewind".

The only problem observed when this unit was tested is with the record
function. When recording, operation of the "Record Level" control
produces static and uneven response. If you intend to use this
cassette deck for recording, then you should expect, at the least, to
need to replace the "Record Level" potentiometer in order to achieve
acceptable recording results.

The rear panel has stereo RCA phono jacks for "Record" and "Play", and
connection jacks for the Pioneer specific functions, "CD deck syncro"
and "Control In" and "Control Out".

Exterior finish is black with gold logo and accents. Exterior
appearance is Very Good (control panel has a few scratches, and a very
small dent on the top edge, but the graphics are all there and with
almost no signs of wear).

Pioneer 6-cassette changers are rare and, to my knowledge, Pioneer is
the only manufacturer to have produced such a component for the
American market. Buy this item to use for background music, to match
the other items in your stereo system, or simply as a curiosity!