Snuffy Smiff

Default factory recon'd Pioneer HUs-a good buy?

Hi all,

I just ran across an outfit selling factory reconditioned Pioneer
DEH-P6600's for $135.

So what's the group's consensus-is this a good, bad, or so-so deal? Should I
buy 'em all up or run away screaming?

I have no idea what sort of rep the recon units have or even if that's a
decent price. I did go look at Crutchfield-who is showing a DEH-P6700(I
figure it's the new and improved model) for $220. Would I be better off
waiting and saving up for it?

all info and advice greatly appreciated and TIA,

Snuffy

Can you return the unit if its DOA? I don't buy reconditioned anything.
Many times techs miss diagnose things. And if a major component fails
and is replaced, many times it damages smaller components and that
might not show in their "bench" test.

bobb

If u like this unit, and they give you full warranty, I'd go for it.