Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default I Knocked Up Stanley Dept.

The American Dream Love Story: Barack Obama's mom was 17 when Barack Sr., a
24-year-old married man, knocked her up

"A popular theme of Barack Obama's campaign, going back to the very

opening of his 2004 Democratic Convention keynote address, is his parents'
love affair, which Obama relentlessly invests with patriotic overtones.
When he talks about his parents' romance, you can practically hear the
Battle Hymn of the Republic being hummed in the background, like at the
"Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" attraction at Disneyland.

Here's the beginning of that famous speech, following a few introductory
formalities:

Tonight is a particular honor for me because - let's face it - my
presence on this stage is pretty unlikely. My father was a foreign
student, born and raised in a small village in Kenya. He grew up herding
goats, went to school in a tin-roof shack. His father - my grandfather -
was a cook, a domestic servant to the British.

But my grandfather had larger dreams for his son. Through hard work
and perseverance my father got a scholarship to study in a magical place,
America, that shone as a beacon of freedom and opportunity to so many who
had come before.

While studying here, my father met my mother. She was born in a town
on the other side of the world, in Kansas. Her father worked on oil rigs
and farms through most of the Depression. The day after Pearl Harbor my
grandfather signed up for duty; joined Patton's army, marched across
Europe. Back home, my grandmother raised their baby and went to work on a
bomber assembly line. After the war, they studied on the G.I. Bill, bought
a house through FHA, and later moved west all the way to Hawaii in search
of opportunity.

And they, too, had big dreams for their daughter. A common dream, born
of two continents.

My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding
faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African
name, Barack, or "blessed," believing that in a tolerant America your name
is no barrier to success. They imagined me going to the best schools in the
land, even though they weren't rich, because in a generous America you
don't have to be rich to achieve your potential.

They are both passed away now. And yet, I know that, on this night,
they look down on me with great pride.

I stand here today, grateful for the diversity of my heritage, aware
that my parents' dreams live on in my two precious daughters. I stand here
knowing that my story is part of the larger American story, that I owe a
debt to all of those who came before me, and that, in no other country on
earth, is my story even possible.

With that, he tapped into a load of powerful sentimental fantasies rampant
in America today, many of them contradictory, but all of them
self-congratulatory about how this could only happen in America! For
example, Harold Meyerson claims today in the Washington Post:

"Now, I mean to take nothing away from McCain's Americanness by noting
that it's Obama's story that represents a triumph of specifically American
identity over racial and religious identity. It was the lure of America,
the shining city on a hill, that brought his black Kenyan father here,
where he met Obama's white Kansan mother. It is because America is
uniquely the land of immigrants..."

Where to begin? First, Barack Obama Sr. was not an immigrant and didn't
conceive of himself as one -- he was a foreign student, who acquired a
bachelor's and master's degree in the U.S. in order to immediately return
to Kenya and grab for the brass ring of political power as a Big Man.

There was nothing uniquely American about providing scholarships to
Kenyans. Barack Obama Jr.'s kinsman and sometimes political ally, Raila
Odinga, Luo warlord and Kenya's new Prime Minister, got his degree in
communist East Germany at about the same time.

And, for the love of God, Obama Jr. wrote a 442 page book about his
pursuit of a racial identity (black); there's not a word about him
pursuing a non-racial "specifically American identity." The subtitle of
his autobiography is "A Story of Race and Inheritance," and he ain't
kidding about that.

But, let's leave aside Meyerson's irrelevant obsession with romanticizing
immigration and examine the warm romantic glow that surrounds this and so
many other accounts of Obama's parents' relationship. When examined
carefully, their affair turns out to be a sordid one, with disastrous
long-term consequences. That's hardly uncommon, but what is uncommon is
successfully positioning your parents' squalid, catastrophic relationship
as a major reason for electing you President!

Let me ask a question that I haven't seen asked befo

How old was Ann Dunham when Barack Obama Sr., an already married
24-year-old, impregnated her?

Barack Obama Jr. tells us that he weighed eight pounds, two ounces when he
was born on August 4, 1961 (p. 22 of Dreams from My Father), so we can
assume he went close to full term, or nine months.

His parents' bigamous marriage is said to have taken place six months
before his birth on 2/2/1961, when she'd be about starting to show.

Nine months before Obama's birth would be early November 1960, about three
to four weeks before Ann Dunham's 18th birthday on November 29, 1960.

So, Barack Sr., a married man of about 24 (he was born in 1936), almost
certainly impregnated a 17-year-old girl.

Recall how the big scandal discovered in the raid on the Fundamentalist
Mormon town in Texas was all the girls ages 13-17 who were pregnant by
polygamous older men? So, the much admired All-American love of Obama's
parents turns out to be basically the same as the FLDS scandal -- underage
pregnant girl, older man, and polygamy -- just done freelance-style.

Barack Sr. then bigamously married Ann, then soon abandoned her and her
tiny son because the scholarship offer from the New School of Social
Research that would have paid for the whole family to move to New York
City wasn't as prestigious as the scholarship offer to Harvard that paid
just his own living expenses.

The candidate's father then married another American woman bigamously,
took her back to Kenya, but carried on polygamously with his original
Kenyan wife, until wife #3 divorced him. There was another kid by a fourth
woman. Somewhere along the line he killed a man in a drunk driving
incident, then got himself killed in another.

Meanwhile, the candidate's mother married an Indonesian guy who tried to
bring home the bacon for her and another man's kid, but she got tired of
the poor sap, had a baby with him anyway, then abandoned him, but then
lived most of the rest of her life in Indonesia ...

It's the American Dream!

Ann Dunham Dates Date Her Age Barack Sr. Age

Born 11/29/1942
1936
Conceived Barack Jr. (approx) 11/3/1960 17.93 24
Married 2/2/1961 18.18
Gave birth 8/4/1961 18.68

Barack Jr.'s birthweight 8.125

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2008/05/b...barack-sr.html

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Dept. of Good News BretLudwig Audio Opinions 0 May 6th 08 03:08 AM
RIP - Stanley Andrews Walt Pro Audio 5 February 22nd 07 01:00 AM
kudos to Avalon service dept. Neil Rutman Pro Audio 0 December 12th 03 03:17 PM
"the dope smoking must be good in Britain" dept. arizona cowboy Vacuum Tubes 1 October 19th 03 01:35 AM
Timothy Leary and Stanley Clarke Acetates FOR SALE nogy Marketplace 2 September 27th 03 07:57 AM