Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Nancy (Jr.) and Lee, Doris and Rock, Jenn and Arny....

We have three examples of sexual tension here. Nancy Sinatra was widely
supposed to be having a sexual affair with Lee Hazlewood throughout the
years of their collaborative career. Even decades later she was coy about
their relationship, though immediately after his death she stated what had
been obvious: that there had been enormous sexual tension between the two
but that they never satisfied it, because they both knew it was a major
creative impetus and that if they did it would be gone. Both had plenty of
other sources for sexual gratification and they were both profoundly
professional in their outlook to their craft.

Doris Day was widely perceived as a sexually pure "good girl" and Rock
Hudson-except by Hollywood insiders and the few who chose to believe the
more salacious Hollywood magazines' worst sly allusions-an All-American
all-male man's man, ladies' man. man about town. Well, we know now he was
a man's man alright-he was an out and out homosexual. But he sure didn't
play one onscreen. In the classic and genre-defining "romantic comedies"
the sexual tension between their characters crackled. Both were consummate
performers-Day, also a flawless vocalist, was very privately "the hottest
(piece of) ass in Hollywood" and Hudson had no interest in females
sexually: he longed to fellate the thickest longest dicks he could.
Sublimation had to be the key in the way Hudson "built the character".

This brings us to Jenn and Arny. Arny is Mr. Married Baptist (which I
hasten to add is no bad thing) and Jenn openly professes to be a same-sex
female. (I must therefore also add that that is also not anything
particularly socially destructive-it's been around, like male
homosexuality, forever, but it's not something to be encouraged. It's not
the disease vector and social destabilant male homosexuality is, though.)
Yet we see the same motifs reappearing in their confrontations on Usenet.

What does this all mean? In the end, biology triumphs-no pun intended.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

Doris Day was widely perceived as a sexually pure "good girl" and Rock
Hudson-except by Hollywood insiders and the few who chose to believe the
more salacious Hollywood magazines' worst sly allusions-an All-American
all-male man's man, ladies' man. man about town. Well, we know now he was
a man's man alright-he was an out and out homosexual.

I suspect he was actually an in and out homosexual.

will you quit instead of the mountain, if Doris globally denys the flood N. R. Caparros-Simank, Corp. Car Audio 0 November 14th 07 04:44 AM
lot of (43) HARD ROCK-CLASSIC ROCK-8track tapes-Ebay-$25 trippingtoo8track Pro Audio 0 February 22nd 05 10:35 PM
RIP Doris Troy Rick Powell Pro Audio 0 February 20th 04 04:50 AM
Rock 4 X-MAS 7 & Hard Rock Cafe` Tour Morrison51 General 0 July 22nd 03 01:15 PM