Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Music (and other) piracy law in L.A.

I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...blic-nuisance-
in-los-angeles-county.html
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"Soundhaspriority" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...blic-nuisance-
in-los-angeles-county.html

The bill gives as a justification, ""substantially interferes with the
interest of the public in the quality of life and community peace, lawful
commerce in the county, property values, and is detrimental to the public
health, safety, and welfare of the county's citizens, its businesses, and
its visitors."

I don't think this is true.

I do.

I suspect most manufacturing operations are in
South Central. It could be argued that anything there that is not involved
in drugs or guns is actually beneficial to the neighborhood. At a recent
film festival in NYC, I had a conversation with a film director from a South
American country (I think it was Peru) who complained that the selling of
counterfeit goods had been legalized in order to provide some income to the
desperately poor.

Let's be like Peru, that amazing film capital! ;-)

Piracy is illegal and should be treated sternly. But I dislike basing a law
on a lie. In less fortunate countries, the majority of laws are based on
lies, and used to keep the citizenry in subjugation. In the U.S., the
majority of laws are based on truth. Let's keep it that way.

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa....
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 10, 9:00*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

If you are the landlord and the one stupid parent doesn't pay the rent,
do you put them out?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 11, 12:32*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 9:00*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

*You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

If you are the landlord and the one stupid parent doesn't pay the rent,
do you put them out?

2pid must feel the same way about drug dealers.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?

What's bad about trying to stop piracy?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

ScottW wrote:

Jenn wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

Did anyone replying read the article ?

It only applies to COMMERCIAL piracy as in the fraudulent sale of counterfeit goods.
I can't see anything wrong with that.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 11 Mai, 03:02, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?

What's bad about trying to stop piracy?

You missed the point.
This situatiion is ideal for FEDERAL LAW.
It is certainly an interstrate commerce situation.
Each municipality should not be making up its own set of laws
and cloaking the 'rationale' as being a locla public nuisance.
this is just political corruption, posturing, pandering, and
grandstanding by
local,pols. The point is, it happened in LA, where people in the
biz provide lots of votes.
So you like local political corruption, pandering and posturing?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 11 Mai, 13:59, ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 10:32*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 9:00*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

*You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

If you are the landlord and the one stupid parent doesn't pay the rent,
do you put them out?

*I work with them if they have kids. *I also have a starving stray cat
in rehab.
I think I've spent over a grand on stray cats vet fees in the past
year.

It's time to invite Bratzi over for a visit. As a good guest,
he will bring the Prestone special cat elixer.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

ScottW wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
ScottW wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:

I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...w-public-nuisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

Did anyone replying read the article ?

It only applies to COMMERCIAL piracy as in the fraudulent sale of counterfeit goods.
I can't see anything wrong with that.

Commercial piracy includes the idiot in his house ripping movies and
CDs and selling 'em at the swap meets. Swap meets are full of
counters with them.

Really ? They're simply asking to get nicked in that case. Are you saying it's acceptable
to do that btw ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Bob Morein is shocked, *shocked* :

Piracy is illegal and should be treated sternly.

What a hypocrite! Posting from a Giganews account, no less.

GeoSynch

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 11, 2:56*am, Eeyore
wrote:
ScottW wrote:
*Jenn *wrote:
*Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:
*Clyde Slick wrote:
*Jenn wrote:

I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...y-now-public-n
uisa...
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

*You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

Did anyone replying read the article ?

It only applies to COMMERCIAL piracy as in the fraudulent sale of
counterfeit goods.
I can't see anything wrong with that.

Commercial piracy includes the idiot in his house ripping movies and
CDs and selling 'em at the swap meets. Swap meets are full of
counters with them.

ScottW

Exactly right. And it's theft.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 10, 10:32*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 9:00*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...y-now-public-n
uisa
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

*You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

If you are the landlord and the one stupid parent doesn't pay the rent,
do you put them out?

I work with them if they have kids.

How would you suggest that the govt "work with" these thieves?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 03:02, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?

What's bad about trying to stop piracy?

You missed the point.
This situatiion is ideal for FEDERAL LAW.
It is certainly an interstrate commerce situation.
Each municipality should not be making up its own set of laws
and cloaking the 'rationale' as being a locla public nuisance.
this is just political corruption, posturing, pandering, and
grandstanding by
local,pols. The point is, it happened in LA, where people in the
biz provide lots of votes.
So you like local political corruption, pandering and posturing?

It's largely a local situation. These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 03:02, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?

What's bad about trying to stop piracy?

You missed the point.
This situatiion is ideal for FEDERAL LAW.
It is certainly an interstrate commerce situation.
Each municipality should not be making up its own set of laws
and cloaking the 'rationale' as being a locla public nuisance.
this is just political corruption, posturing, pandering, and
grandstanding by
local,pols. The point is, it happened in LA, where people in the
biz provide lots of votes.
So you like local political corruption, pandering and posturing?

It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.-

that's not the problem
that's not the cure
40 years of failure in the war on drugs hasn't made a dent in your
thinking
go after the big guys.

any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!
Now lets foreclose on and evict those little
guy assholes who are ruining the banks and our econmy
because they REFUSE to pay their morgages.
They are the problem, not the mortgage lenders.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 11, 8:34*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:

It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.

any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!

It's called "intellectual rights", which is why it's an issue for the
Dems to handle. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:
It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.

any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!

It's called "intellectual rights", which is why it's an issue for the
Dems to handle. ;-)

One type of property right.
Anyway, its good to see you want to protect the
'intellectual' rights of rap music.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:
It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.
any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!

It's called "intellectual rights", which is why it's an issue for the
Dems to handle. ;-)

One type of property right.
Anyway, its good to see you want to protect the
'intellectual' rights of rap music.

So we should ban "Catcher in the Rye"? Or where do you draw the line?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 11, 10:24*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 11, 1:01*pm, Eeyore
wrote:

ScottW wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
ScottW wrote:
*Jenn *wrote:
*Clyde Slick wrote:
Jenn wrote:
*Clyde Slick wrote:
*Jenn wrote:

[...]

*No, but I don't think the crime warrants a family going homeless over
it either.

Nor should they if they're growing pot or making meth.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

ScottW wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
ScottW wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

It only applies to COMMERCIAL piracy as in the fraudulent sale of counterfeit goods.
I can't see anything wrong with that.

Commercial piracy includes the idiot in his house ripping movies and
CDs and selling 'em at the swap meets. Swap meets are full of
counters with them.

Really ? They're simply asking to get nicked in that case. Are you saying it's acceptable
to do that btw ?

No, but I don't think the crime warrants a family going homeless over
it either.

OK, I'll agree with that bit.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:
It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.
any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!

It's called "intellectual rights", which is why it's an issue for the
Dems to handle. ;-)

One type of property right.
Anyway, its good to see you want to protect the
'intellectual' rights of rap music.

So we should ban "Catcher in the Rye"? Or where do you draw the line?-

Ban?
Did I make another typo?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

So we should ban "Catcher in the Rye"?

That would be cold comfort for John Lennon.

GeoSynch

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On May 11, 4:15*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 10:32*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 9:00*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 22:21, Jenn wrote:
In article

om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 10 Mai, 21:24, Jenn
wrote:
I support this move:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...iracy-now-publ
ic-n
uisa
in-los-angeles-county.html

bum link

can you 'tiny it please?

cutting, pasting and editing didn't work either.

http://tiny.cc/7xCtr

Looks like the entertainment industry wormed their way
into the local pols pockets. This didn't happen in Boise.

It should happen everywhere.

*You want more homeless children because of
one stupid parent?

If you are the landlord and the one stupid parent doesn't pay the rent,
do you put them out?

*I work with them if they have kids.

How would you suggest that the govt "work with" these thieves?

Lol, wow, you're panties are in such a wad over this you'll
imply almost anything.

What am I implying?

In any case, the crime doesn't warrant the gov't seizing private
property IMO.
Civil judgements may lead to that but not without a judge
ordering homestead laws and other protections don't apply.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 19:22, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 03:02, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On 11 Mai, 00:00, Jenn wrote:

It should happen everywhere.-

What's so good about government corruption?

What's bad about trying to stop piracy?

You missed the point.
This situatiion is ideal for FEDERAL LAW.
It is certainly an interstrate commerce situation.
Each municipality should not be making up its own set of laws
and cloaking the 'rationale' as being a locla public nuisance.
this is just political corruption, posturing, pandering, and
grandstanding by
local,pols. The point is, it happened in LA, where people in the
biz provide lots of votes.
So you like local political corruption, pandering and posturing?

It's largely a local situation. *These bogus CDs, DVDs, etc. are sold
all over L.A. from the back of vans and pickups, swap meets, and
sometimes even in local stores.-

that's not the problem

What is the problem, then?

that's not the cure
40 years of failure in the war on drugs hasn't made a dent in your
thinking
go after the big guys.

Which big guys?

any way, I'm glad to see you move over to
the republican side, that property rights matter!!!!

Property right have always mattered to me. Most people don't see that
as a Repub/Dem issue. As with so many things, it's a false division.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Lol, wow, you're panties are in such a wad over this you'll
imply almost anything.

What am I implying?

Apparently that your smarter than Scottie cos U can wrt gd english.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Let's lay some blame around.

Criminals get jailed. We don't put their families in the street.

A question of pressing urgency is why pregnant mothers who abuse their
unborn children aren't charged with crimes. The links between consuming
alcohol and caffeine and serious complications, for example, are well
known. Using pyschotropic drugs and nicotine is also linked to problems.
When are The Authorities going to crack down on abusive mothers?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote
A question of pressing urgency is why pregnant mothers who abuse their
unborn children aren't charged with crimes. The links between consuming
alcohol and caffeine and serious complications, for example, are well
known. Using pyschotropic drugs and nicotine is also linked to problems.
When are The Authorities going to crack down on abusive mothers?

When pigs fly, or they make all of the above, illegal.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Some YACA gurgled:

A question of pressing urgency is why pregnant mothers who abuse their
unborn children aren't charged with crimes. The links between consuming
alcohol and caffeine and serious complications, for example, are well
known. Using pyschotropic drugs and nicotine is also linked to problems.
When are The Authorities going to crack down on abusive mothers?

When pigs fly, or they make all of the above, illegal.

Newbies are such a bore, but spammers are a pestilence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote
Newbies are such a bore, but spammers are a pestilence.

....and legislating common sense, doesn't work.

Get it?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

yellowmattercustard said:

Newbies are such a bore, but spammers are a pestilence.

...and legislating common sense, doesn't work.

Newbies are also really, really dumb. That's D-U-M-B as in "dumb", which
is a synonym for thick, or slow, or stoopid. And some of them are
insincere spammers as well.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
yellowmattercustard yellowmattercustard is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote
Newbies are also really, really dumb. That's D-U-M-B as in "dumb", which
is a synonym for thick, or slow, or stoopid. And some of them are
insincere spammers as well.

Do you have any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Keep circling George. We enjoy the spectacle that ensues.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

YACA of the day whined:

Newbies are also really, really dumb. That's D-U-M-B as in "dumb", which
is a synonym for thick, or slow, or stoopid. And some of them are
insincere spammers as well.

Do you have any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

Thankfully, none that you're able to discern.

Keep circling George. We enjoy the spectacle that ensues.

It's not my fault you made a fool of yourself. And by pretending to have
the upper hand, you're only compounding the foolishness.

You have no idea what my original post meant, but you keep digging
yourself in deeper and deeper. Pretty soon you'll be lurking in a doghouse
built for two.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

George M. Middius wrote:

Pretty soon you'll be lurking in a doghouse
built for two.

*when pigs fly*
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Dimbulb Jr. croaked:

It's not my fault you made a fool of yourself. And by pretending to have
the upper hand, you're only compounding the foolishness.

You have no idea what my original post meant, but you keep digging
yourself in deeper and deeper. Pretty soon you'll be lurking in a doghouse
built for two.

*when pigs fly*

Next time you feel compelled to make a pointless reply, I suggest you save
some keystrokes and just say "Duh!"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Yapper has a moment of extra-special dimness.

"Duh!"

You're welcome,

I wasn't talking to you, Witless, but I can see why you were confused.
Sorry for using your native language in the wrong context.

BTW, congrats on yer kid busting out of jail. I wonder who helped him?

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/241...1658otWS_w.jpg

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 12, 12:33*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 12, 12:42*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

Nor should they if they're growing pot or making meth.

*I agree. *Criminals get jailed. *We don't put their families in the
street.

People make choices, 2pid. Parents often make dumb choices. I have no
doubt you have, based on your thinking skills.

So daddy and mommy grow pot in their house or they make meth. Bad
choice. House gone. Oooops!

Now kids go live with aunties and uncles. If daddy in jail, mommy get
apartment. That's no different that a divorce.

(The preceding message was formatted so people of "less-than-average"
intelligence can understand.)