wideglide340

alot of times when a system is suffering from lack of midbass it is an
installation problem. i would say the #1 culprit is cancellation. given
the nature of the usual location (front doors) for the speaker the
possibility is great. it just so happens that especialy with midbass
and small to midsize cars. the front mids can cancel each other at that
frequency. a simple test for this problem is to run only the front
channel and while listening balance the system from left to right. if
the bass seems a little more on one side or the other then this is your
problem. if this is found to be true you can simply try reversing
polarity of one of your mids. a better fix would be to angle the
mounting location. also make sure the front of the driver is completely
isolated form the rear of the driver.

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811

Buckshot

Default Midbass blues... Solution?

I have no midbass it seems, I have the lows, and have the highs, but my
midbass just isn't there. Can anyone reccomend what to do solve this
biatch of a problem? I was thinking 8's fiberglassed into my rear
armrests, but I'm not sure... If 8's what kind of 8's?

--
-Buckshot-

2 12" Sony Explodes
Custon Dual 12 Sealed enclosure
JL VR 6.5's Up front
Pioneer 6x9's Out back
Eclipse EA2122
Legacy La1080

E-mail me at Jasonc87(atter)Comcast(dot)Net

No real solution for you, but I thought your equipment was interesting.
A mix of very high quality (JL VR 6.5, and Eclipse EA2122), and things
I'd concider low-end (Legacy, Pioneer, and Sony).

But what are your Sony Xplodes crossed over at, maybe you could play
with the xover until you find a more appealing sound?

Buckshot

Well lol. I actually have a rockford RFR3112 12" sub sittting in my
room. And a Cadence Z9000 that I'm sending payment out for tomorrow.
That will take care of two of my BIG problems. The 12 will go into a
fiberglassed sealed enclosure, and the amp will have to get mounted
somewhere. Actually, I couldn't tell you what those sony's were crossed
over at because I took out my amp today, which pretty much took a ****.
:+(. Anyways Thanks for your suggestion bro.

-------------

wrote:
No real solution for you, but I thought your equipment was interesting.
A mix of very high quality (JL VR 6.5, and Eclipse EA2122), and things
I'd concider low-end (Legacy, Pioneer, and Sony).

But what are your Sony Xplodes crossed over at, maybe you could play
with the xover until you find a more appealing sound?

Dark1

"Buckshot" Buckshot0687@AIM wrote in message
Well lol. I actually have a rockford RFR3112 12" sub sittting in my room.
And a Cadence Z9000 that I'm sending payment out for tomorrow. That will
take care of two of my BIG problems. The 12 will go into a fiberglassed
sealed enclosure, and the amp will have to get mounted somewhere.
Actually, I couldn't tell you what those sony's were crossed over at
because I took out my amp today, which pretty much took a ****. :+(.
Anyways Thanks for your suggestion bro.

-------------
-Buckshot-

2 12" Sony Explodes
Custon Dual 12 Sealed enclosure
JL VR 6.5's Up front
Pioneer 6x9's Out back
Eclipse EA2122
Legacy La1080

E-mail me at Jasonc87(atter)Comcast(dot)Net

have you purchased a *final* HU yet?
I'd suggest something with time correction if not, time adjustments to my
alpine do wonders for my midbass..

MZ

You shouldn't need 8's. The right 6's will do fine. Just be sure that
the door is well sealed for them, that you're powering them with plenty of
power, that the speakers can actually handle that amount of power, and
that your crossovers are sufficient for the job.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Buckshot wrote:

I have no midbass it seems, I have the lows, and have the highs, but my
midbass just isn't there. Can anyone reccomend what to do solve this
biatch of a problem? I was thinking 8's fiberglassed into my rear
armrests, but I'm not sure... If 8's what kind of 8's?

--
-Buckshot-

2 12" Sony Explodes
Custon Dual 12 Sealed enclosure
JL VR 6.5's Up front
Pioneer 6x9's Out back
Eclipse EA2122
Legacy La1080

E-mail me at Jasonc87(atter)Comcast(dot)Net

Buckshot

Like my JL's? They don't seem to have any midbass honestly. My "final"
HU is a CDA-9827. My sig is wrong too.

It should be:

Alpine CDA-9827 HU
JL VR600-CXi's in the doors.
- Powered by Eclipse EA2122
Pioneer TS-A6970R
2 Sony 12" Xplodes in a ported box tuned at 35 Hz.
Cadence Z9000(soon to come)
Rockford RFR3112 (soon to come)

------------

MZ wrote:
[...]

MZ

I don't think the problem is with your speakers. There are a number of
things that can be at fault. Installation location, volume, etc is
important. Filter settings are very important. Power is even more
important. The system tuning is important. As Dark1 said, time alignment
could also be a big help. But it shouldn't have to get to that just to
get good sound.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you don't need new speakers. First
thing I'd do is triple check your crossover settings and then post that
here. Also, what are your tone controls/loudness settings set to?

MZ wrote:
[...]

Cyrus

Buckshot Buckshot0687@AIM wrote:

Like my JL's? They don't seem to have any midbass honestly. My "final"
HU is a CDA-9827. My sig is wrong too.

It should be:

Alpine CDA-9827 HU
JL VR600-CXi's in the doors.
- Powered by Eclipse EA2122
Pioneer TS-A6970R
2 Sony 12" Xplodes in a ported box tuned at 35 Hz.
Cadence Z9000(soon to come)
Rockford RFR3112 (soon to come)

What size enclosure are the JL's in? What size is recommended?

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Buckshot

Well, this week I'm going to 'revamp' alot of my system, and I'll let
you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I
will be bringing this up again. Then we shall discuss the precautionary
measures of putting the flux capacitor in the frontal lobe of the
battery, and charging it with a nuclear reaction, so I don't get dimming
headlights.... Shall we?