JoHurt

Default Seat Ibiza - cd changer fitting???

Seat Ibiza - cd changer fitting???
Gotta 2nd hand Jan 2000 Seat Ibiza 1.4s on order tonight but the damn thing
has an inbuilt cassette tape unit so I can't put my decent cdplayer into the
hole - cos there ain't one! Sales lass said that all I need to do is fit a 6
cd-changer - what's the best deal for this and how does it fit? I presume
that it connects somewhere into the tape unit and the wires will have to go
to either under the passenger seat or right back to the boot.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Dr Zoidberg

JoHurt wrote:
Seat Ibiza - cd changer fitting???
Gotta 2nd hand Jan 2000 Seat Ibiza 1.4s on order tonight but the damn
thing has an inbuilt cassette tape unit so I can't put my decent
cdplayer into the hole - cos there ain't one! Sales lass said that
all I need to do is fit a 6 cd-changer - what's the best deal for
this and how does it fit? I presume that it connects somewhere into
the tape unit and the wires will have to go to either under the
passenger seat or right back to the boot.

If you want to keep the standard stereo then , assuming it can control a cd
changer , you can buy the Seat one from a dealer for well over £200 or get a
sony from http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_p...tno=AVGS007SEA
for £140.

As an alternative you could remove the factory tape player and put in a
single disk cd player for under £100.

Most will fit straight in , but you will almost certainly need a wiring
adaptor to supply power to your aerial or get no reception.
This would be around a tenner.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Steven Campbell

"JoHurt" wrote in message
Seat Ibiza - cd changer fitting???
Gotta 2nd hand Jan 2000 Seat Ibiza 1.4s on order tonight but the damn

thing
has an inbuilt cassette tape unit so I can't put my decent cdplayer into

the
hole - cos there ain't one! Sales lass said that all I need to do is fit a

6
cd-changer - what's the best deal for this and how does it fit? I presume
that it connects somewhere into the tape unit and the wires will have to

go
to either under the passenger seat or right back to the boot.

Loads of companies sell these. Here are a few:

http://www.incardiscount.co.uk/acatalog/SEAT.html

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/catsea...=Seat&limit=10

http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acat..._Seat_106.html

or get yourself a facia that will allow you to take the factory radio out
and put your own one in

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/head_unit_fitting_kits/seat.htm

Steven.

JoHurt

Brilliant - been to see it again today as I can't wait until Tuesday!!!!
Gotta wiring harness inthe boot and looks like your suggestion as below will
solve my problems for about £150, many thanks kind sire!

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
JoHurt wrote:
[...]

FA: Last 4 Hours! Pioneer Multi-Cassette Changer CT-M5R (6 cassette) AV Surplus Marketplace 0 December 5th 04 07:43 PM
2000 Ford Taurus - problems adding Kenwood CD changer Paul Car Audio 4 August 19th 04 10:02 PM
Installing CD changer from '95 Jetta in '02 Passat John Fleming Car Audio 3 May 29th 04 02:32 AM
Old Cd changer to new HU problem Nikoli Yetti Car Audio 0 April 21st 04 11:33 PM
cd changer for Seat Ibiza steve Car Audio 1 October 17th 03 08:01 PM