Default How to test car stereo?

I have an old car stereo that I want to test, but I do not want to
install it into a car. I have an extra battery and speaker. I am
wondering if it is possible to attach it directly to a battery and test
it that way. Suggestions? Thx...

jeffc

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an old car stereo that I want to test, but I do not want to
install it into a car. I have an extra battery and speaker. I am
wondering if it is possible to attach it directly to a battery and test
it that way.

No problem. Of course the speakers will sound like crap because they're not
attached to a baffle (some surface in your car), which is exactly how they
sound in cars you see where people simply place the speaker on the rear
dash.

john.moyer

You can connect it directly to a battery, but you may have to power mode it
correctly. What I mean is 1) Connect the ground wire to the negative
terminal on the battery. 2) Connect the 12V wire to the battery, then the
battery backup, then the switched battery (or IGN) wire. You should be able
to get this to work. Let me know if you want to try this and you can give
me all of the details (like all of the names on the wires).

You can also use an old computer power supply to power a car stereo indoors.
I can provide all of the details if needed (I used to use an old Alpine car
stereo as a bedroom stereo.

John

oups.com...