UserJ

Default Changing Source for mp3 player in car

I have an Alpine CDA-7839. I bought the KCA -121B AI-LINK attachment
so i could listen to my mp3 player in the car. I simply plugged the
AI-LINK into the CD-Changer port in the back of the receiver, then
plugged an RCA from that into the Line-out on my mp3 player. The setup
is fine except I can't change the SOURCE to AUX/Changer on my
receiver. Whenever I hit Source it only changes between the CD or the
radio. Does anyone know how to change this? It says all one needs to
do is press Source in the manual, but...no dice...
TIA
-Jordin
Scott Gardner

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:02:03 -0800, UserJ
wrote:

I have an Alpine CDA-7839. I bought the KCA -121B AI-LINK attachment
so i could listen to my mp3 player in the car. I simply plugged the
AI-LINK into the CD-Changer port in the back of the receiver, then
plugged an RCA from that into the Line-out on my mp3 player. The setup
is fine except I can't change the SOURCE to AUX/Changer on my
receiver. Whenever I hit Source it only changes between the CD or the
radio. Does anyone know how to change this? It says all one needs to
do is press Source in the manual, but...no dice...
TIA
-Jordin

On some of the Alpine units, not only do you have to connect the
cable, but you have to go into the software and enable the AUX input,
so that pressing the SOURCE button will take you from CD--Radio--AUX
instead of just CD--Radio.

I looked through the owner's manual for your deck, and it doesn't
really cover any of the menu options, so you may just have to play
around with it a bit.

HTH,

Scott Gardner

DA

I have an Alpine CDA-9827. On my model this is what the manual says
about turning on the AUX Mode. Hope this helps.

DA

Setting the AUX Mode (V-Link)
You can input TV/video sound by connecting an optional
Ai-NET/RCA Interface cable (KCA-121B) or Versatile
Link Terminal (KCA-410C) to this component.
1 Press and hold the F/SETUP button for at least 3
seconds.
2 Press the f or g button to select “AUX.”
3 Press the BAND/TEL. button to toggle the mode
between AUX ON and AUX OFF.
NOTES
• The initial setting at the factory is AUX OFF.
• You can set the AUX mode display by pressing the
g or f button after AUX ON is set, select the AUX
mode display setting, and then press the BAND button.
• When connecting the KCA-410C, you can set two AUX mode
displays.
4 Press the F/SETUP button to return to normal mode.
5 To adjust the volume, etc., first press the SOURCE/
POWER button and select the AUX mode, then make
the necessary adjustment.
DA

OOOps! The f button is the | button and the g button is the |.

That's what you get for copy and paste from a PDF.

DA
UserJ

Thank you!!

OOOps! The f button is the | button and the g button is the |.

That's what you get for copy and paste from a PDF.

DA

Scott Gardner

wrote:

I have an Alpine CDA-7839. I bought the KCA -121B AI-LINK attachment
so i could listen to my mp3 player in the car. I simply plugged the
AI-LINK into the CD-Changer port in the back of the receiver, then
plugged an RCA from that into the Line-out on my mp3 player. The setup
is fine except I can't change the SOURCE to AUX/Changer on my
receiver. Whenever I hit Source it only changes between the CD or the
radio. Does anyone know how to change this? It says all one needs to
do is press Source in the manual, but...no dice...
TIA
-Jordin

For some brands, not only do you have to plug in the adaptor, but you
have to enable the "AUX" input in the software. Once you do this,
pressing the "Source" button will take you from CD--Radio--Aux,
rather than just CD--Radio.

I looked through the owner's manual for your stereo, and didn't find
exactly how to enable the AUX input, but the owner's manual didn't
seem to explain ANY of the menu functions, so you may just have to
play around a bit.

Scott Gardner