Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mastering Too Loud

While I do master on the loud side, I look at other waveforms and see brick-walling taking place. Anyway, Capitol reissues some grotesque audio, assume their personal appearance matches their audio. Some binary flaws (common with Capitol) heard here in this "Take #2", The Bob Seger System (1969) (toned down)...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ramblinman.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 10:03:27 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
While I do master on the loud side, I look at other waveforms and see brick-walling taking place. Anyway, Capitol reissues some grotesque audio, assume their personal appearance matches their audio. Some binary flaws (common with Capitol) heard here in this "Take #2", The Bob Seger System (1969) (toned down)...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ramblinman.mp3

Jack

I'm amazed (though I shouldn't be), that no one, so far, can tell me what is different about this Stereo mix than what is commonly heard. Beatles fans?
My GUESS, this was/is typically mixed in what I refer to as lopsided stereo, vocals on one stereo side, music on the other. It strongly supports my theory, people don't actually listen to music!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

JackA: A thread titled "Mastering Too Loud" is
likely to be ignored on an audio PRODUCTION
newsgroup.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12-05-2016 13:11, JackA wrote:

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 10:03:27 AM UTC-4, JackA wrote:

While I do master on the loud side, I look at other waveforms and see brick-walling taking place. Anyway, Capitol reissues some grotesque audio, assume their personal appearance matches their audio. Some binary flaws (common with Capitol) heard here in this "Take #2", The Bob Seger System (1969) (toned down)...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...ramblinman.mp3

Jack

I'm amazed (though I shouldn't be), that no one, so far, can tell me
what is different about this Stereo mix than what is commonly heard.

Well, after listening to a few of your mix attempts they are perhaps low
in priority with some listeners.

Beatles fans? My GUESS, this was/is typically mixed in what I refer to
as lopsided stereo, vocals on one stereo side, music on the other.

That was never intended as stereophonic, it is a two channel multitrack.

It strongly supports my theory, people don't actually listen to music!

My theory has become that you only ever post here and never read as this
issue has been explained to you numerous times.

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote: "That was never intended as stereophonic, it is a two channel multitrack."

But it was MARKETED as such. JackA should get prime seats
at a concert or orchestra in a purpose-built venue. He'll find out
what "stereo" is quite quickly. Stereo is all around us - not
limited to two, or four, or eight speakers, or headphones.

A Marketing dept. can convince consumers that a shiny brown
steaming mound of **** is "vibrant stereo" or "gloriously
remastered", even if what was really done to it was otherwise,
and those consumers will snatch it up as canonical.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12-05-2016 14:31, wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote: "That was never intended as stereophonic, it is a two channel multitrack."

But it was MARKETED as such.

This is correct. What happened was that hardware sales overtook record
equipment and almost overnight there was a gazillion 2 X 4 to 8 watt
stereo systems and no software and the pinstripes released the
recordings as stereo because they didn't know what stereo is all about.
Pan pots were quite slow to creep into over the counter mixers ...

JackA should get prime seats
at a concert or orchestra in a purpose-built venue. He'll find out
what "stereo" is quite quickly. Stereo is all around us - not
limited to two, or four, or eight speakers, or headphones.

This too is correct. Anyone interested in audio should join a chamber
music society and listen to some chamber music.

A Marketing dept. can convince consumers that a shiny brown
steaming mound of **** is "vibrant stereo" or "gloriously
remastered", even if what was really done to it was otherwise,
and those consumers will snatch it up as canonical.

*digitally remastered* is some of the time a good idea and some
of the time proof that a very skilled listener that mixed great records
has a shift of the audiotory threshold, multiband processing can be
helpful in terms of lifting out treble detail and getting it above an
elevated high range threshold.

Love your ABBA vinyl and similar good 1970'ties products, treble sweet-
and smoothness sometimes gets sweet and sour, with soy even, in
remaSTering and the digital remasterings may not sound as good as the
original versions.

And that of course makes the high-end crowd rush to the record stores
and lament digital distortion, even though it is no fault of the
technology.

If you are some day bored, then take a look at the audio envelope on the
LOVE CD .... hard limiting at -6 dB on one of the tracks so someone wise
undid an error of judgement and got the musical context right. Now if
only they had not removed the real room tone with whatever digital NR
they used .... less NR had been better. Of course, it probably was the
hard of hearing geezer that saved the musical level differences on taht
album ... the willingness to actually listen is no less important than
the threshold

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:15:58 AM UTC-4, wrote:
JackA: A thread titled "Mastering Too Loud" is
likely to be ignored on an audio PRODUCTION
newsgroup.

This was meant to be a follow-up to my "Noisy Tapes To Mix" post.

Thanks and Sorry.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:19:12 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
[...]

Some (audio) challenge me and I even appreciate it. Remember Randy (past participant) and the Blood, Sweat & Tears thread? At least I got to hear what (tape noise) Sony was soliciting, since they are "professionals".

Anyway, sorry, this follow-up ended in the wrong place. Was meant to be under that Beatles song stereo remix (Noisy Tapes To Mix).

Jack

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:37:27 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 12/05/2016 14:15, wrote:
JackA: A thread titled "Mastering Too Loud" is
likely to be ignored on an audio PRODUCTION
newsgroup.

Most threads by JackAss will not be seen by many in this group, due to
people's killfile settings.

Funny. When you reach my confidence level, you, too, will wonder why others don't challenge you and prefer to hide.

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 9:49:43 AM UTC-4, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 12-05-2016 14:31, wrote:

[...]

Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not impressed at all.

Jack

so someone wise
undid an error of judgement and got the musical context right. Now if
only they had not removed the real room tone with whatever digital NR
they used .... less NR had been better. Of course, it probably was the
hard of hearing geezer that saved the musical level differences on taht
album ... the willingness to actually listen is no less important than
the threshold

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

Look, you and John W. can stick with your kindergarten audio and I'll do my thing. Deal?

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

thekma @ braindead.retards.org wrote in message
JackA: A thread titled "Mastering Too Loud" is
likely to be ignored on an audio PRODUCTION
newsgroup.

Threads by trolling nazi dog**** is ignored by many. Threads by
retarded trolling dumb****s likewise. But being a dumb****, you don't
understand. Sucks to be you.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 13/05/2016 00:46, JackA wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

Look, you and John W. can stick with your kindergarten audio and I'll do my thing. Deal?

Better still, you get some decent monitoring and learn to listen to
what's there, and we'll stop heckling you.

I have produced CDs from live recordings for happy clients. You haven't.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

..... wrote: " thekma @ braindead.retards.org wrote in message
JackA: A thread titled "Mastering Too Loud" is
likely to be ignored on an audio PRODUCTION
newsgroup.

Threads by trolling nazi dog**** is ignored by many. Threads by
retarded trolling dumb****s likewise. But being a dumb****, you don't
understand. Sucks to be you."

Oops.

Looks like I stepped on the toes of the
(former)marketing dept.!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

THECKHHHHHMAAAAAAAAAAH @ shortbus.com wrote in message
Oops.

Looks like I stepped on the toes of the
(former)marketing dept.!

Oops. The retarded dumb **** got dropped on his head again.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

.... wrote: "Oops. The retarded dumb **** got dropped on his head again. "

Answer me this: WHY does it bother you so much???

Why aren't Dorsey, Rivers, Larsen, Williamson, geoff,
Trevor, and a hundred others resorting to a diatribe of
verbal diarrhea like what you post here??

"excess compression" "peak limiting" "LOUDNESS"

There, do those terms make you want to drive off
the road?!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 1:49:53 AM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 13/05/2016 00:46, JackA wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

Look, you and John W. can stick with your kindergarten audio and I'll do my thing. Deal?

Better still, you get some decent monitoring and learn to listen to
what's there, and we'll stop heckling you.

I have produced CDs from live recordings for happy clients. You haven't.

I GUESS I'll have to take YOUR word.

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

lil-krissie-go-sickie @ whining-brats.retardsRtheckma.edu wrote in
message ...
... wrote: "Oops. The retarded dumb **** got dropped on his head
again. "

Answer me this: WHY does it bother you so much???

Don't get angry, li'l buddy. You come here specifically to anger
people (including me), and you are mocked for being such an asshole.
And that makes you angry.

"excess compression" "peak limiting" "LOUDNESS"

Hobbyhorse! Ride-em Kowboy! If those three terms were drawn from the
hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch, Karnac
would respond, "Name three of Theckma's hobbyhorse obsessions that he
is too retarded to comprehend."

There, do those terms make you want to drive off the road?!

You're the one who brags about how you can't even stay in your lane on
the highway. Do you expect others to drive like retards as well?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 8:01:25 AM UTC-4, wrote:
... wrote: "Oops. The retarded dumb **** got dropped on his head again. "

Answer me this: WHY does it bother you so much???

Why aren't Dorsey, Rivers, Larsen, Williamson, geoff,
Trevor, and a hundred others resorting to a diatribe of
verbal diarrhea like what you post here??

"excess compression" "peak limiting" "LOUDNESS"

There, do those terms make you want to drive off
the road?!

One day, I said, one day, we'll hear some of None's audio work.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

John Williamson wrote:
On 13/05/2016 00:46, JackA wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

Look, you and John W. can stick with your kindergarten audio and I'll do my thing. Deal?

Better still, you get some decent monitoring and learn to listen to
what's there, and we'll stop heckling you.

The guy _enjoys_ being heckled. He is here to be heckled.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:03:51 AM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
On 13/05/2016 00:46, JackA wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:23:37 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 13/05/2016 2:10 a.m., JackA wrote:
Why the 2009 Beatles Remasters waited until DAW existed. THEY spent
FOUR years on the "project" and really didn't accomplish much. Not
impressed at all. Jack so someone wise

So you are deaf as well as stupid.

Look, you and John W. can stick with your kindergarten audio and I'll do my thing. Deal?

Better still, you get some decent monitoring and learn to listen to
what's there, and we'll stop heckling you.

The guy _enjoys_ being heckled. He is here to be heckled.

I come here hoping someone could answer the simple question, what main problem was there with early mastering of audio CDs. I get the old story, DAC convertors issues.
So bored of the lack of past audio knowledge, since no one here was mastering early CDs, I came across a defunct website that clearly stated the problem/issue.

Heckle that, pros.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

петак, 13. мај 2016. 15.44.59 UTC+2, JackA је написао/ла:
John Williamson wrote:
[...]

It's been a long time since I've read one of your posts, but the main reason
for you to think nobody's answering your question is your inability to
understand provided answers. Also, your questions are not clear, if I remember
correctly, you can't distinguish btw recording, mixing and mastering, btw
multitrack and stereo, and so on. Therefore, you are not satisfied with
answers, but still, answers are there.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Luxey said...news:5f0f0d0c-5d6c-45b0-b6ee-
:

John Williamson wrote:
[...]

No, he's just here to troll.

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

John Williamson wrote:
[...]

Shame it was so short!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

понедељак, 30. мај 2016. 03.10.07 UTC+2, JackA је написао/ла:
John Williamson wrote:
[...]

Good, (as long as) it is not any more.

How Loud is Loud? JackA Pro Audio 41 March 12th 15 02:17 PM
Do Most Mastering houses prefer to do Stem-mastering these days? Paul[_13_] Pro Audio 6 May 31st 14 04:28 AM
Mastering poor audio from loud concert? DJ_Strat Pro Audio 8 August 17th 06 05:21 PM
Why does it have to be SO F'ING LOUD? Tocaor Pro Audio 343 July 9th 05 03:23 AM
How loud is loud? Leoaw3 Pro Audio 4 March 27th 04 08:19 PM