Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mr.Will Mr.Will is offline

Default what to expect from "mastering"?

Easy gang,
an exciting time - the first four tracks are off to be mastered as an EP
release.
Now, Ive sat with the mixing engineer and am going off his advice (and
numerous others) about the need for mastering - radio play etc and the final
sound, and it all makes sense, but wondered if folks in here would share
benefits of their experience.

Does mastering change the sound much? I get that it brings the average level
and the peak level closer together, so that it always sounds the same on
every system, but does it actually change things that much? Its been talked
of as if its some magic elixer for the tracks - I must admit Im happy with
how they sound now, and I guess I will only know once the tracks are
back......

Anyways!

Mr.Will