west

"Fabio Berutti" wrote in message
Other Rodents have already clarified that it is not advisable to do
Frankenstein-like surgery on a glorious Dyna. I'd just suggest to use all
Your amps together in bi/tri-amplification with bi/tri-wiring. I'm sure

You
can sort all Your stuff in order of available power to make it fit the
speakers needs in a reasonable way. Say, a SS for bass, the Dynas for

mid
and some other one (I'd suggest a SE if available) for highs. This will
provide about the power You're talking about.
As per the preamp/electronic crossover... well, a chance "to boldly go

where
no man has been before."

Ciao

Fabio

But Fabio,
I only have 1 input to the speakers. What you are espousing sounds ideal,
but how do I do it practically? Incidentally,
I have a daughter who graduated from West point with a degree in Chemistry &
minor in Nuclear chemistry. She was talking about after her military
obligations to maybe go to the University of Bologna to study medicine. You
went to Univ of Roma for Chemistry?
west

"west" ha scritto nel messaggio
news
Dear Rodents,
I have a few Dynacos in storage but need 100w/c. If I wanted to add
another pair of KT88s or 6550s (4 per mono side) to make a double P/P

Mark
III, (physical placement considerations not withstanding) what do I

need?
Do
I need to change the OPTs? How about the Power Xfrs? Will I need more
current capabilities? Maybe I'm just oversimplifying, hope not.
Your opinions will be most appreciated.
Cordially,
west