Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Looking for a Magazine Article

Maybe you have the magazine issue I'm looking for. Problem
is that I don't know what it is, or even which magazine. A
few months back, I was reading an article in one of the
trade magazines that I read at the dinner table but don't
save in the library. It was an interview with a singer, a
woman, and in the article, she was quoted as saying
something like:

"When we recorded the banjo, we borrowed an Enoch. Enoch
banjos are the best."

Since I know Kevin Enoch, I kept the magazine around for a
while to show him in case he hadn't seen it (turns out that
he hadn't), but eventually I forgot why I was saving it and
it went into the trash. I'm pretty sure it was either Mix or
Electronic Musician, probably from the past six months. I've
searched the on-line issues of both and didn't find what I
was looking for. Google hasn't helped.

Perhaps someone here noticed that mention of Enoch banjos
and either has the magazine or remembers where I saw it.

of audio." - John Watkinson
Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

On May 4, 7:01*am, Mike Rivers wrote:
[...]

"Laura Veirs" eqmag.com/article/rare-resolve-/February-2010/ ?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

RD Jones wrote:

"Laura Veirs" eqmag.com/article/rare-resolve-/February-2010/ ?

That seems to be what I remembered seeing. The print version
(if that's indeed the article and I'm pretty sure it is)
had another sentence with particular praise for Enoch
banjos. I couldn't have made that up.

of audio." - John Watkinson
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arkansan Raider Arkansan Raider is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
RD Jones wrote:

"Laura Veirs" eqmag.com/article/rare-resolve-/February-2010/ ?

That seems to be what I remembered seeing. The print version (if that's
indeed the article and I'm pretty sure it is) had another sentence with
particular praise for Enoch banjos. I couldn't have made that up.

Thanks for bringing this up, Mike--and thanks, RD, for posting the
article lookup info.

Great article. I enjoyed reading it!

BTW, I've a hard time coming up with ten or fifteen songs for an album
on my own, let alone forty! That's simply amazing.

---Jeff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arkansan Raider wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:
RD Jones wrote:

"Laura Veirs" eqmag.com/article/rare-resolve-/February-2010/ ?

That seems to be what I remembered seeing. The print version (if
that's indeed the article and I'm pretty sure it is) had another
sentence with particular praise for Enoch banjos. I couldn't have made
that up.

Thanks for bringing this up, Mike--and thanks, RD, for posting the
article lookup info.

Great article. I enjoyed reading it!

BTW, I've a hard time coming up with ten or fifteen songs for an album
on my own, let alone forty! That's simply amazing.

---Jeff

LOL

My bad--eighty! Good grief.

---Jeff