matt98761

Default 6.5" Component suggestions

I'm leaning toward the MB Quart PCE 216, but I have heard that the
CDT's in the same price range are really good also. I believe they use
silk domes instead of Titanium domes like the Quarts. Unfortunantley,
it's not possible to listen to all of the component sets on the market
to make a wiser, more informed decision. Sooooo....anyone care to
throw in their opinions? Thanks

John Smith

I got the CDT HD-62's with the image enhancement kit. powered by 2 chanels
of a soundstream VGA500.4
The image tweets are in the apillars, tweets are in the kickpanels (only
enough room for the tweets) and the midbass are low in the doors.

The sound of the soft domes vs. the metal, well.... no harshness. A natural
rolloff of the silks are a definate advantage.
The imaging , staging, depth, width and tonal accuracy is among the best I
have ever heard. (and I have been into mobile electronics since 1986)

Definately one pair worth concideration....

"matt98761" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm leaning toward the MB Quart PCE 216, but I have heard that the
CDT's in the same price range are really good also. I believe they use
silk domes instead of Titanium domes like the Quarts. Unfortunantley,
it's not possible to listen to all of the component sets on the market
to make a wiser, more informed decision. Sooooo....anyone care to
throw in their opinions? Thanks

matt98761

John- I think the Hd's are not in the same price range as the PCE's.
The best price new on ebay for the PCE's I've found is $248, best on
the HD's around $400 or so. Where did you get yours? Also, I have a
Hyundai Sante Fe which comes with Tweets in the pillars already. Do
you think the image enhancement kit would help or even be neccessary?
I've heard that argument for the silk domes vs. the Titianium domes. I
wonder if the CDT Cl's or whatever is below the HD's would sound better
than the PCE's. Have you heard the lower line of CDT's? Thanks..Matt