mark

Default Kick panel problems in a Jeep.

Well, I spent quite a few hours this weekend triying to get some kick
panels in my Jeep. I got my baffles set up to mount the speakers, and
tried to use triple expanding spray foam to give me a mold to
fiberglass. The standard way is to wrap fabric around the baffle, it's
supports, and the vehicles plastic kick panel, but a Jeep doesn't have a
plastic kick panel to fasten the fabric to. The problem is, the foam
doesn't dry in thick applications, and it really didn't have good
expanding power to meet the weird contour of the area. Fiberglassing
them in place may be a solution if you don't want them top come out, but
I want them to come out so I can clean my floor mats, etc.

Anyone know what else I can do for foam, or are there any better ideas
for getting this done? It was alot of time spent for very poor results.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks - Mark