Default bass thumping noise and head unit shuts down randomly

I recently got my truck broken into and had to replace everything I had
as far as stereo equipment goes. I installed a Kenwood head unit which
now powers my front dash plates and my rear pillar plates. I also
installed a DUAL amplifier and bridged it to run one RF P2 10" sub
behind my seat. Once I got it all hooked up everything sounded pretty
good all things considered (reg cab truck, average equipment, and the
fact that the truck is 15 years old.) Sorry, wanted to give some
background info. Here is my actual problem: Randomly, although it
does happen much more often at higher volume levels with the truck both
running and not, My head unit will just freak out, turn off basically,
and then my sub begins to thump. Nothing real deep or damaging but it
just begins to thump over and over again every second or so. Sometimes
this behavior quits and it starts playing again and sometimes it just
continues to do this even if I shut the truck off briefly and turn it
back on again. The amp light stays green and does not switch to red
which would lead me to believe that it has nothing to do with the amp
and that the thumping ios being caused by whatever signal is travelling
from the head unit as it freaks out. The front and pillar speakers do
not exhibit the same activity and they just don't make any noise at
all. I can't control the head unit at all when this happens and can't
even turn it off to make the noise go away.

I hope this enough info for someone to have an idea as to what is going
on but if there is any information that can help, just ask me and I'll
do my best to answer any questions or track down any info.

Thanks to anyone who took time to read this novel and I hope you are
all smarter than me when it comes to this and can help.

tinmaddog

joe.ker

Sounds like you have a bad power source at the head unit. Can be a bad
ground or power connection. Sometimes it can be the fuse box. In older
vehicles the fuses in the fuse box can tarnish or loose connection over
time. check the radio fuse and the dome light fuse. sometimes people will
stick wires under the fuses too run radar detectors and other accessories
causing the contacts to space out and not make connection.

BTW I have an 88 Chevy PU

Good luck

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I'll definitely take a look at that tomorrow, thanks. I hope it is
that simple.