Default Noise (In video, caused by A/D/S/ amp)

Hello everyone,

I run an A/D/S/ 6.25 powerplate amp. I have a Sony xt40v and 210EQ.

Recently the A/D/S/ blew a channel, so I moved over to a Sony XM-4040
I had on the shelf, temporarily. I fixed the A/D/S/ amp, so all is good
there.

The issue is, before I removed the A/D/S/ amp, I had lots of noise on
the video displays. After I switched to the Sony, the noise went away.
Then returning to the A/D/S/ amp, the noise came back.

I did a bit of troubleshooting, and it seems the noise is caused via
the RCA connections between the amp and the 210EQ.

Any suggestions for eliminating this? Isolation transformers are nasty
(sound quality loss). I might try some caps on the power inputs, but I
don't see that as being the problem.

MZ

Hello everyone,

I run an A/D/S/ 6.25 powerplate amp. I have a Sony xt40v and 210EQ.

Recently the A/D/S/ blew a channel, so I moved over to a Sony XM-4040
I had on the shelf, temporarily. I fixed the A/D/S/ amp, so all is good
there.

The issue is, before I removed the A/D/S/ amp, I had lots of noise on
the video displays. After I switched to the Sony, the noise went away.
Then returning to the A/D/S/ amp, the noise came back.

I did a bit of troubleshooting, and it seems the noise is caused via
the RCA connections between the amp and the 210EQ.

Any suggestions for eliminating this? Isolation transformers are nasty
(sound quality loss). I might try some caps on the power inputs, but I
don't see that as being the problem.

As is the case for the vast majority of noise problems in
electronics...screw with the grounds.

joe.ker wrote:
Sometimes plugging the RCA's in and out can cause the ground to crack

where
it is soldered into the pc board in the amp.

Ah, the A/D/S/ is a bit different in that it uses a DIN connector, that
fans out into the RCA plugs. So the actual RCA cables don't plug right
into the amp.

I will try doing some various things to clean up the noise.... playing
with grounds, maybe find a different bus bar. I was using the same
power connections for the Sony amp, which created no noise in the video
system.

MZ

snip
I was using the same
power connections for the Sony amp, which created no noise in the video
system.

Yeah, but it's noise. It's not supposed to make sense.