Kirby

Default Rockford P3

My Punch stage 3 sub had cut out on mne for a while then started again. I
found that after i took the sub out of the box, and messed around with the
terminals a bit, it went back on. then it cut out again. The spider had
actually started to tear away from the basket. Has anyone ever heard of this
happening before? (by the way, its the 10P3D2 and my amp is 360x1, the head
unit i have does not have sub control either, so power should not have been
the cause)

Dark1

"Kirby" wrote in message
My Punch stage 3 sub had cut out on mne for a while then started again. I
found that after i took the sub out of the box, and messed around with the
terminals a bit, it went back on. then it cut out again. The spider had
actually started to tear away from the basket. Has anyone ever heard of
this
happening before? (by the way, its the 10P3D2 and my amp is 360x1, the
head
unit i have does not have sub control either, so power should not have
been
the cause)

really it happens alot more than it should, the spider magnet joint can
just be re-glued with some good epoxy BUT it doesn't explain it cutting
out.. that problem should just make the spider slap a bit and sound bad..
are the tinsel leads woven into the spider? Perhaps the freedom of movement
of a loose spider caused a break in them?