Richard Mele

Default Memphis or Precision Power amp?

I need an amp to power my MB Quart 3-way component set (RSB 328.)
Previously I used a PPI PC2100 (2x100) to do the job.
My choice now: PPI DCX 500.2 (125x2) or Memphis 15-MCA300 (150x2.)
Which would you choose, and why?
Thanks.

Tony F

Why don't you give us some links to their specs so we can make an informed
decision? Or at least tell us about them so we don't have to look up the
info ourselves! :-)

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP (Just gettin' started)

"Richard Mele" wrote in message
I need an amp to power my MB Quart 3-way component set (RSB 328.)
Previously I used a PPI PC2100 (2x100) to do the job.
My choice now: PPI DCX 500.2 (125x2) or Memphis 15-MCA300 (150x2.)
Which would you choose, and why?
Thanks.

Richard Mele

Here are the links:
Memphis MCA 16-300
http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/produ...ails.asp?id=11
PPI DCX-500.2
http://www.precisionpower.com/amps/dcx500-2.asp
This is in a Ford regular cab pickup. Two JL 10's behind the seat, powered
at 300 w. Eclipse 2101 6-band eq in the dash. I'm looking for clear,
overwhelming power from the fronts.

"Tony F" wrote in message
[...]

Tony F

It appears the PPI is more flexible in terms of installation possibilities
(hard to be certain though because neither site is very specific) and also
has a fan...a big plus in my book. I'd get it over the Memphis, but
honestly, it doesn't sound like you could go wrong either way. If you're
only looking for "clear overwhelming power" then either one "should"
suffice...depending on your definition of "overwhelming". My 3-way
components are tri-amped and run actively...and they are certainly
overwhelming at times, but I'm running a considerable amount of power
through them...more than either of the amps you're looking at. I would
think 125w or 150w per channel should be MORE than sufficient however. In
terms of clear power though, you won't be able to hear the difference
between these two amps. So if either one has any additional features not
listed on the sites you may want to take them into consideration. Are they
priced similarly? Warranty? Size? Will you be buying them from an
authorized dealer? Those are also considerations to look into. My choice
would be the PPI.

Tony