Jason Lynch

Default Antenna jack pin broke - help!!

installed my new deck tonight and used an antenna harness a male Motorola
plug on one end and a Chrysler snap-lock female antenna jack on the other.

problem was when removing the stock antenna plug it separated and a long pin
came out of the actual part that goes in the stock deck. a 3/8inch or so
copper(?) pin with a cheap metal longer thing attached to it. this cheap
metal thing snapped off as well and fell and is lost (real thin cheap
thing). this pin goes into a plastic part containg the male/female
connection itself which separated as well.

I'm getting no reception at all and I'm guessing it is not making contact
with the new harness because of this pin. can I solder or attach something
to this copper pin to make it longer and go further in the hole? anyone have
any ideas? I hope you guys get what I mean here?

thanks in advance

Ford Truck Radio Antenna Jack T. C. Conde Car Audio 2 February 15th 05 04:03 AM
question about replacing broken power antenna (going back to stock in-glass) wideglide340 Car Audio 3 January 29th 05 09:12 AM
window antenna problem Burt Car Audio 0 September 28th 04 04:54 PM
Radio reception worse than factory radio, antenna adapter? AC/DCdude17 Car Audio 3 December 24th 03 02:17 PM
FM radio antenna height for car... ? NeilH011 Pro Audio 3 September 9th 03 11:47 PM