Jeremys4runner Jeremys4runner is offline
Junior Member

Smile Dc to dc converters in Car decks?

Has anyone installed decks that have a dc to dc converter? I just purchased panasonic's nicest deck and it has a dc to dc converter on the back. I have installed these before in older cars to step up a 6 volt sytem to 12 volt(also known as a step up transformer) But there are many different uses and varieties of these. I haven't seen them built into decks before. In the book it gives no specs or install info, only that it should be installed by a dealer. I am a veteran installer that has been out of the loop for about 2 years and I would be offended to have a dealer do this. I am guessing that this one is used for the internal amp on the deck(Being that its 70w x4 peak and 50 w x 4 rms) possibly to up the current as to run the amp at a cooler temperature? If anyone has installed these or has any info, any would help. Panasonics site is useless. Thanks Jeremy.