Patrick Powell

Default Connecting MIDI keyboard to QY70: Help.

This is stupid, but I can get my keyboard to play my QY70. I managed it OK
with an earlier QY10, but this has defeated me. So what are the settings on
the QY70 (Utility - MIDI) section I think - am I right? - to get the
keyboard to play the QY70?. I have set up the MIDI out (only keyboard port)
to MIDI in on the QY70. I have tried all sorts of internal variations
(internal clock ON/OFF etc.) and understand none of them. So please someone
HELP!
Patrick.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Patrick Powell" wrote in message ...
This is stupid, but I can get my keyboard to play my QY70. I managed it OK
with an earlier QY10, but this has defeated me. So what are the settings on
the QY70 (Utility - MIDI) section I think - am I right? - to get the
keyboard to play the QY70?. I have set up the MIDI out (only keyboard port)
to MIDI in on the QY70. I have tried all sorts of internal variations
(internal clock ON/OFF etc.) and understand none of them. So please someone
HELP!
Patrick.

Someone with more experience will be around (or maybe already has been
and I don't see the replies), but I'm fairly certain it's a simple MIDI issue with
transmit (keyboard) channel number(s) and the receive channel on the QY-70.

If I remember correctly, it was the QY-10 (and 20) that I wrote a few songs
with once... a little hand-held sequencer with a two octave key touchpad and
a lot of patterns & styles built in. There was no MIDI out on those so I could
never get data out and it was difficult to even use a sound sample from the
device because of difficulties with the MIDI receive parameters.

Try reviewing the MIDI communication setup & hang loose for a pro....

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Paul Gitlitz

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:47:45 +0100, Patrick Powell
wrote:

This is stupid, but I can get my keyboard to play my QY70. I managed it OK
with an earlier QY10, but this has defeated me. So what are the settings on
the QY70 (Utility - MIDI) section I think - am I right? - to get the
keyboard to play the QY70?. I have set up the MIDI out (only keyboard port)
to MIDI in on the QY70. I have tried all sorts of internal variations
(internal clock ON/OFF etc.) and understand none of them. So please someone
HELP!
Patrick.

Hi Patrick,
You haven't mentioned the switch that sets it to midi from computer.
It will not work with a midi cable if it is switched to computer and
will not work with the host to port cable into the 'puter if it is
switched to midi. I know from experience.
Paul