Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave Hilowitz Dave  Hilowitz is offline

Default Zoom H2 Append Function?

Hi All,

I'm looking at the Zoom H2 as a nice handheld recorder that takes SD
Cards.

Can anyone who owns it tell me if it has an "Append" function? As in,
once I've recorded some audio can I then go back and continue a
recording from where I left off? What about a combine function that
allows for one to combine different audio files into one.

Thanks,
David

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Sep 3, 10:17 pm, Dave Hilowitz wrote:

Can anyone who owns it tell me if it has an "Append" function? As in,
once I've recorded some audio can I then go back and continue a
recording from where I left off?

You can pause a recording and when you continue, it will continue with
the same file, but once you stop, it closes the file and the next time
you start recording it will start writing a new file.

What about a combine function that
allows for one to combine different audio files into one.

Nope. That's what they have computers for. It does have a "Play All"
function that plays all of the files sequentially, so that, as far as
playback on the H2 is concerned, it appears that you have made a
continuous recording, but it really isn't.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

While you didn't ask, I should add that the H2 has the opposite, a
"split" function. It's intended for applications such as cutting a
recording of a concert into individual songs. But it's hardly an
editor.