Tim Williams

Default Horn function and aesthetics

"Fritz Wuehler" wrote in
message ll.eu.org...
Andre Jute

Plink

rfuhv

Wow, even sinking to gibberish at the end. Getting desperate, eh boys?

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

Form@C

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:09:56 -0600, Tim Williams wrote:

"Fritz Wuehler" wrote in
message ll.eu.org...
Andre Jute

Plink

rfuhv

Wow, even sinking to gibberish at the end. Getting desperate, eh boys?

You hiding in here too Tim? :-)

I dunno. All this talk of speakers that are bigger than my fridge, can
deafen you with 500mW & cost more than my income for 6 months... The Mrs
would kill me!

hgfj (just joining in... ;-)

--
Mick
http://www.nascom.info for Nascom & Gemini information

Tim Williams

"Form@C" wrote in message
news
You hiding in here too Tim? :-)

Nah, I'm hiding in my room listening to a quad 6L6 amp.. I got the LF rise
down to +1.6dBV at 30Hz, so it's +/-3dB from like 15Hz to uh, 75kHz? Not
bad for a Williamson (pentode output) topology with a "30-15,000Hz" OPT.
Too bad my speakers suck at high power, they must be rated 10W or so. Oh
well.

I dunno. All this talk of speakers that are bigger than my fridge, can
deafen you with 500mW & cost more than my income for 6 months... The Mrs
would kill me!

Hehe, I've got a pair of old 50s Magnavox radio speaker cabinets.. dual 12"
in each, plus a tweeter in front (which I cut out in liew of some
mid/tweeter speakers I made). Some nasty resonances that make some songs
damned annoying, but otherwise sounds good. And a lot of dB per watt at 1
meter, too!

Tim (turning on some more Metallica)

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson