Posted to rec.audio.tech
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

Default DIY parametric EQ ?

Would anyone have pointers to the schematics of a good-souding
parametric equaliser that doesn't require hard to find
components, like reverse-log pots ?

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
"Cette supposition rappelle assez celle de ce prédicateur qui, en
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ethan Winer Ethan Winer is offline

Andre,

Would anyone have pointers to the schematics of a good-souding parametric
equaliser that doesn't require hard to find components, like reverse-log
pots ?

Here ya go:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/spectrum.html

The parametric EQ is about halfway down the page.

--Ethan

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 2008-05-24, Ethan Winer ethanw wrote:

Would anyone have pointers to the schematics of a good-souding parametric
equaliser that doesn't require hard to find components, like reverse-log
pots ?

Here ya go:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/spectrum.html

The parametric EQ is about halfway down the page.

Thanks, Ethan. I see the frequency pot is a dual gang linear.
Since dual pots typically have poor matching, this will limit
the Q. Especially at the anti-clockwise end where the control is
more sensitive (I assume the frequency is linearly related to
the wiper position). Are there ways around that ?

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
"Cette supposition rappelle assez celle de ce prédicateur qui, en
pleine chaire, faisait remarquer à ses fidèles la bonté de Dieu qui
avait placé les rivières auprès des villes." -- Alexandre Dumas
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On Sun, 25 May 2008 08:35:20 +0000 (UTC), Andre Majorel

On 2008-05-24, Ethan Winer ethanw wrote:

Would anyone have pointers to the schematics of a good-souding parametric
equaliser that doesn't require hard to find components, like reverse-log
pots ?

Here ya go:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/spectrum.html

The parametric EQ is about halfway down the page.

Thanks, Ethan. I see the frequency pot is a dual gang linear.
Since dual pots typically have poor matching, this will limit
the Q. Especially at the anti-clockwise end where the control is
more sensitive (I assume the frequency is linearly related to
the wiper position). Are there ways around that ?

Aside from expensive pots, the most obvious route for me would
be to get a few voltage-controlled electronic pots.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

On 2008-05-24, Ethan Winer ethanw wrote:

Would anyone have pointers to the schematics of a good-souding
parametric
equaliser that doesn't require hard to find components, like reverse-log
pots ?

Here ya go:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/spectrum.html

The parametric EQ is about halfway down the page.

Thanks, Ethan. I see the frequency pot is a dual gang linear.
Since dual pots typically have poor matching, this will limit
the Q. Especially at the anti-clockwise end where the control is
more sensitive (I assume the frequency is linearly related to
the wiper position). Are there ways around that ?

Google "DIY stepped attenuator".

Gareth.