Posted to rec.audio.car
roc97007 roc97007 is offline

Default pioneer avic-d3 -- what does "dish" symbol mean?

I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigator installed in a 2003 F150. (Side
note, Pioneer doesn't list the 2003 F150 as a compatible truck, but it
fits fine.)

The meaning of most of the map icons is obvious, and many can be
figured out with a little experimentation (like pie == restaurant, not
pizza joint). But there are some icons that are just a mystery.

Specifically, we see the "hairy dish" symbol a lot -- it looks like an
old style satellite dish pointing straight up with lines above it that
appear to indicate that it's transmitting. (Or it's a wok in a rain
of worms, maybe.) At first we thought it represented cell sites, but
we can *see* the cell towers and they don't match the position of the
symbols on the map. Another guess was to indicate an area with
questionable satellite reception, because the symbol often shows up in
forested areas. But we don't know for sure, and the symbol doesn't
appear to be in any of the unit's documentation or on the Pioneer web
site.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Ron

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Maybe it is pointing out local brothels? i.e.: Hairy Dish. Could be a symbol
of a bearded clam???

"roc97007" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car